Lake County vs Perry County

theGURU

:D

I am not sure if they have changed the concept of Mr. Basketball or what? Newby is supposed to be the best in 1A this year, and Fountain is the best in all of East Tennessee? I thought Mr. Basketball was supposed to be a standout, someone who carried their team, who couldn't be replaced. I actually figured that this was the reason that Perry County didn't get a nod! They are such a good team that no one player always shines, but I was curious how players like Mullinicks from McEwen, the boy from Mt. Pleasant and Clarksburg were overlooked. Watching them all play this week I am even more confused. Tyler was good, but not Lake County's best, Fountain was invisible, and except for a highlight reel Newby was not impressive. Now before you all get upset these boys are all good players and deserving of respect, but none of them seemed irreplaceable! In fact I wouldn't even say any of them were the best on their team. Call me crazy, but if we are just going to randomly handout the trophy to someone then lets give it to the whole Perry County team they can put it in the trophy case next to the gold ball!

I like the way you talk :D

Edited by vikingpop

Not like Man 2 Man, are you really that dumb.

Are you really that dumd not to see that as a problem. If the other team shot 21 free throws and your team shot 3 it would be a problem for you. I don't care if the team stopped at Half court and didn't play any defense, the free throws disparity is still a major problem. TSSAA will get their crowd today so hopefully make some money!

Are you really that dumd not to see that as a problem. If the other team shot 21 free throws and your team shot 3 it would be a problem for you. I don't care if the team stopped at Half court and didn't play any defense, the free throws disparity is still a major problem. TSSAA will get their crowd today so hopefully make some money!

If it was about money TSSAA would have made sure McEwen won as well.

Just a comment after reading a few pages of this thread.

Congratulations to the kids on both teams for making it to the final four of the state. From the game I watched, both teams players showed a lot of class, played hard, and should be commended.

The majority of these post on this thread are well......not at the same level.

Just a comment after reading a few pages of this thread.

Congratulations to the kids on both teams for making it to the final four of the state. From the game I watched, both teams players showed a lot of class, played hard, and should be commended.

The majority of these post on this thread are well......not at the same level.

I agree we are grown people forgetting about the bottom line. These are kids out there working hard for the love of the game they deserve all the praise just to make it this far. All grown people can do is teach and let them play. Good luck to all the kids and enjoy this moment.

Few Final thoughts for the basketball season. First, GURU, and the other Viking fans I have enjoyed going back and forth with you this year as well as BTWSherriff and a few others. You guys make the board fun but also show alot of class. As far as some other posters, when your own fan base don't respect you I feel little reason to respond to your comments. As for the game Perry Co. played well and deserved to win. If the game was played ten times you probably see a 5-5 split because Rafael and the LC team is not going to shoot that bad from the outside in every game. Unfortunately for my Falcons there are no do overs this time of year. as for the lucky comment on beating BTW you may be right that it was a lucky shot BUT not luck to be in position to make the shot or to go on and win in OT. Perry Co. had a great game plan and we could not force them out of it 1-20 from 3pt range kept us from making them extend the zone to open up the inside game. I also hope the Perry Co. fans make sure and acknowledge Jacob Tucker for what he is a great player and what looks to be a very fine young man. He deserved to be in the final three with Tyler and Newby for Mr. Basketball. Remember Viking fans, players like that do not come along every day so relish and enjoy the opportunity to watch him play. He impressed me by his demeanor at the end of the game hugging Rafeal's neck and showing respect to a great player who had a tough night. Finally to a very special group of seniors at LC, thank you for the last two years of excellence on and off the court, I know it hurts now but you guys will look back at what you accomplished, LC's first basketball title and a return trip to the final four and be proud of that. Now continue to strive for excellence in life and I wish the best for you.

Few Final thoughts for the basketball season. First, GURU, and the other Viking fans I have enjoyed going back and forth with you this year as well as BTWSherriff and a few others. You guys make the board fun but also show alot of class. As far as some other posters, when your own fan base don't respect you I feel little reason to respond to your comments. As for the game Perry Co. played well and deserved to win. If the game was played ten times you probably see a 5-5 split because Rafael and the LC team is not going to shoot that bad from the outside in every game. Unfortunately for my Falcons there are no do overs this time of year. as for the lucky comment on beating BTW you may be right that it was a lucky shot BUT not luck to be in position to make the shot or to go on and win in OT. Perry Co. had a great game plan and we could not force them out of it 1-20 from 3pt range kept us from making them extend the zone to open up the inside game. I also hope the Perry Co. fans make sure and acknowledge Jacob Tucker for what he is a great player and what looks to be a very fine young man. He deserved to be in the final three with Tyler and Newby for Mr. Basketball. Remember Viking fans, players like that do not come along every day so relish and enjoy the opportunity to watch him play. He impressed me by his demeanor at the end of the game hugging Rafeal's neck and showing respect to a great player who had a tough night. Finally to a very special group of seniors at LC, thank you for the last two years of excellence on and off the court, I know it hurts now but you guys will look back at what you accomplished, LC's first basketball title and a return trip to the final four and be proud of that. Now continue to strive for excellence in life and I wish the best for you.

Wish everyone had the class to post like this...top to bottom every statement is true,but most don't have the courtesy to congratulate the other team for winning with grace and in the same "breath" recognize the love and respect felt for their own schools efforts.Great job wardog,glad to see that someone "gets it"! :thumb: