1. 1. Who will win 4A NEXT SEASON

• Coalfield
    • Jellico
    • Oakdale
    • Oliver Springs
    • Oneida
    • Sunbright
    • Wartburg

Just wanted to get the conversation started. Here is what I think about each team.

1. Oliver Springs - time for them to step back up after a really frustrating season. O.S. is #1 but not by much.

2. I'm stressed over this pick I'm saying Oneida but it could be Wartburg also. I think Oneida will be much better after a year with

some consistency. They will play much faster and be better on paper than Wartburg.

3. I think they will be good and should be a good team. They lost 3 starters and will not replace them with the same type of players. Looks to me that they will need to change a ton of their way of playing to make up for it. I don't see them shooting 30 threes a game next year.

4. Oakdale - if Thompson is healthy

5. Coalfield - Hamby will be better able to carry the load after seeing how they need to play. but they still miss the region again.

6. Jellico - this is the year they climb out of the basement and secure the very attractive 6 spot :)

7. Sunbright - they will return to the bottom not much talent down there.

Players to Watch

1. Stephens at Oneida - really good post and could be player of the year next season

2. Hamby at Coalfield - sound player and could be a college player if her team gets her noticed and they make a region.

3. Hamby at Wartburg - good looking soph. if she has a great year Wartburg could be back

4. Ball at Oliver Springs - Best PG in the district OS will go as far as she can take them

5. Thompson at Oakdale - Will she return to Region 2 MVP form following injury.

Outlaw.....too much stuff going on in Tribeland for the girls to build much stability. There is a momma up there that thinks her child is the next superstar, and the kid ain't even gonna make a dent for playing time. In fact she is the worst player on the team. There is just too much intrusion by the parents, they all think their kid is the best and they are wanting to use the "bully pulpit" to help their own kid. No one cares how the team is doing, just how much PT their little baby gets in the game. Oneida has a formitable bunch of Sophmores and Freshmen. (their Jr. High record the past two years is 41-4) There also appears to be a lawyer up here that has an agenda. Hard to say he cares anything about the school when he repeatedly stirs the pot.

Is this occurring everywhere? Sad state of society when the coaches decisions are questioned every step of the way. No one has to agree with the coach, but it is their job and I would think they are being evaluated just like everyone else. I thought the the rookie coach had a fair first year, and I know several people that think that too.

Skipping rocks is easier than coaching....! :roflol:

Just wanted to get the conversation started. Here is what I think about each team.

1. Oliver Springs - time for them to step back up after a really frustrating season. O.S. is #1 but not by much.

2. I'm stressed over this pick I'm saying Oneida but it could be Wartburg also. I think Oneida will be much better after a year with

some consistency. They will play much faster and be better on paper than Wartburg.

3. I think they will be good and should be a good team. They lost 3 starters and will not replace them with the same type of players. Looks to me that they will need to change a ton of their way of playing to make up for it. I don't see them shooting 30 threes a game next year.

5. Coalfield - Hamby will be better able to carry the load after seeing how they need to play. but they still miss the region again.

6. Jellico - this is the year they climb out of the basement and secure the very attractive 6 spot :)

Players to Watch

1. Stephens at Oneida - really good post and could be player of the year next season

2. Hamby at Coalfield - sound player and could be a college player if her team gets her noticed and they make a region.

3. Hamby at Wartburg - good looking soph. if she has a great year Wartburg could be back

4. Ball at Oliver Springs - Best PG in the district OS will go as far as she can take them

Kristie Phillips is MVP of district next season. Won't even be close.

Outlaw.....too much stuff going on in Tribeland for the girls to build much stability. There is a momma up there that thinks her child is the next superstar, and the kid ain't even gonna make a dent for playing time. In fact she is the worst player on the team. There is just too much intrusion by the parents, they all think their kid is the best and they are wanting to use the "bully pulpit" to help their own kid. No one cares how the team is doing, just how much PT their little baby gets in the game. Oneida has a formitable bunch of Sophmores and Freshmen. (their Jr. High record the past two years is 41-4) There also appears to be a lawyer up here that has an agenda. Hard to say he cares anything about the school when he repeatedly stirs the pot.

Is this occurring everywhere? Sad state of society when the coaches decisions are questioned every step of the way. No one has to agree with the coach, but it is their job and I would think they are being evaluated just like everyone else. I thought the the rookie coach had a fair first year, and I know several people that think that too.

Skipping rocks is easier than coaching....! :roflol:

The highlight of my fan season in basketball was watching our fans heckle Davis during the second OT in the sub-state. Needless to say it wasn't a real intelligent fan but it was still funny. Lady dogs win district, district tourney, and regional tourney and this parent was just letting JD have it. It seems hard to make people happy. If I was a coach I would never talk to anyone that didn't play for me including the WECO crowd. But that's just my opinion. Coaching is not very respected.

• 3 weeks later...

Players to Watch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nary a comment.....what's up with that? I mean everyone was getting up on the soapbox to bash the coach just weeks ago. Heard the lawyer is strutting around like a peacock. Even posts on FB how he has basically saved the day. West is back up in the hot seat with some solid players to work with....can he save the day. One thing for certain......everyone is walking around looking over their shoulders. Is that the way to enjoy life? Erradication of virus is acceptable.....I'll just skip rocks.

• 2 months later...

I saw Oliver Springs, Oakdale, and Oneida at the Roane State Camps...Oliver Springs looks to be pretty stacked with the amount of talent they have. Their starting five are looking extremely hard to keep up with. One team I saw them play they just ran to death and out-defenced them-They are going to be hard to keep up with.

...Oakdale is looking a little lost without Lindsey Kilby but I'm glad to see Nicole Thompson back to a more normal type game-play.

Oneida looks as if they will be pretty decent this year. The new freshman guard they have is pretty good; in time I think she will develop to be quite hard to handle.

Anything on Coalfield, Sunbright, Jellico, or Wartburg?

Kristie Phillips is MVP of district next season. Won't even be close.

Also, just wondering how it won't even be close? You have several arguably better players such as: Thompson at Oakdale, Ball at OS, and Stephens at Oneida, just to name a few. Seems like the district MVP spot is going to be an extremely hard decision-Can't wait to see how everyone plays in the season!

I think that this year will be a really balanced year for the district, you are going to see Wartburg fall back a bit due to youth and that opens things up for O.S. and Oneida.

I don't know who the MVP is but Hamby down our way should be looked at also. Being from Coalfield i've never been too fond of Wartburg but you have to give the almost, "devil" as in Harriman, his due over the past 2 seasons they have gone to a new level. Now though I think they will go through what all of us do at one time or another and that's rebuilding. They looked really young at RSCC camp.

So after looking at the teams this summer I'm going to say things go as follows,

1. O.S. - best team top to bottom

2. One - should have something to prove

3. WB - best coach in the region

4. Coal - Hamby wil be enough

5. Oak - Could be 4 or even 3 if their Fr. comes on - and coaching is right there too

6. Jellico - They're jellico

7. Sunbright - Too much loss to graduation but should be a fun team to watch could hustle their way to 4