1. 1. Who will win 4A NEXT SEASON

• Coalfield
    • Jellico
    • Oakdale
    • Oliver Springs
    • Oneida
    • Sunbright
    • Wartburg

Getting ready for the second half.....OS posted an undefeated first stanza. Oneida's only district loss was to them. Who is currently in third? This is becoming a sorry excuse for keeping up with things. With the current "World Gag Order" in District 4A.....it keeps getting harder to envision who is doing well and which teams are struggling.

Edited by kazam37

Boy don't that take the shine off things.....now the Lady Bobcats will coast to the District Regular Season Title. If I'm not incorrect they are two games up on everybody. The sloppiness of the game the other night is not good. Our team should have been rounding into form by this point, not continuing to be mistake happy. I don't blame the coaching staff either....the players ultimately are responsible for the execution of their abilities in the game.

The best egg to carton is the ones left uncracked!!!! :huh:

Kazzy

Boy, was that a roller coaster. I'm not sure what all that stuff in the end was, but those refs made some head scratchers. Not sure how one can justify allowing that timeout when the kid fell out of bounds, then threw the ball to a teammate in the backcourt? I guess it was a suspenseful game to watch, but the coaches probably had a stroke! :huh: Oneida back in a position to have a say with seeding and they play both OS and Coalfield at home which might give them a chance if they can string four good quarters together? Wartburg still dangerous if the big girl can stay out of foul trouble.

Kaz

From where I was sitting looked like Davis had the timeout and the guy on the baseline lifted his hand and pointed to the bench to signal a timeout and then the kids played a good 5 seconds past it. He granted a timeout and never blew his whistle. I think the t.o. was legit but poor mechanics on the refs part signaling it. Also, we were very lucky on the lane violation because watching on tv i didn't see anyone for Wartburg move. I really think that we have a chance to be a contender but Wartburg plays one of if not the best half court D man or zone in our district and if they get any offense at all going could be a problem still. I think you have O.S. finishing 1, Oneida 2, Coalfield 3, and Wartburg 4 and I think that's the teams that make the region. The longer the season goes the better it is for Wartburg given JD's ability to win in tournaments and for us I would hope we can play well enough in the 4a tourney to get opposite O.S. in the region. It's going to be fun.

I also didn't like our boys coach complaining about where the tournament is being played! We are Oneida and It doesnt matter where we play we are going to be tough to beat!

Ok......I stand corrected on the late call. Wartburg plays a 2-3 Matchup Zone (I agree, they do it pretty well) and they sprinkle in bits of Man to Man on you hoping you don't catch it. That is probably why it is effective...because they often look the same. I think the foul shot infraction was on the shooter? It appeared he said she was touching the line during her shot. I think your order in the district is somewhat accurate, but the Oneida-Coalfield game looms very large this Friday.

True, there are some very solid teams up in "Pujoland".....there are some down here with the capacity to play better than they have shown. Oliver Springs has been very good for the most part and they only have one district loss currently. They are clearly in the drivers seat until anything new comes up. Oneida and Coalfield are fighting for the second spot and they play each other Friday Night. Whoever wins that one will go a long way in determining where they will be playing from in the district tournament. Oneida seems to be a year away from becoming a much stronger team....they haven't seemed to figure out all their problems but they remain a very talented and dangerous team for anyone. Coalfield has a very strong player (Hamby) surrounded by 4 good ones.....got to keep your eye on anyone that knocked off OS. Wartburg has some size and capable guard play.....It is just me, but they seem somewhat slow at times. Not sure that means a hill of beans because they are very solid in half court sets!!!

Kaz