1. 1. Who will win 4A NEXT SEASON

• Coalfield
    • Jellico
    • Oakdale
    • Oliver Springs
    • Oneida
    • Sunbright
    • Wartburg

Not much to discuss. You have Oliver Springs and a bunch of bad teams beyond them. I'm proud of what our Lady Jackets have done this season, but am not really hopeful for us beyond the dist tournament.

Where has the PG for Wartburg gone? She is playing awful and hasn't seemed to bring much leadership to them. I really expected her to play at an MVP caliber this season. Also, Stephens seems slowed by a knee injury and that has hurt her production. I think Samantha is 4A MVP material, and what about Coach Hines for Coach of the Year?

I am going to predict that given what I've heard from others that O.S, Oneida, Oakdale, and Coalfield will make the region. Wartburg, Jellico, and Sunbright will be left out. I would have never thought I would say that given the talent on the Wartburg team, but attitude counts for something. I wouldn't want to be around the burg this off season if they end up missing the region.

I agree with you, however,Wartburg wil make the region, I think leadership is something very hard for a player to have to understand, maybe hardest part for some. Jason Davis always seems to motivate well and has good understanding of how to gets kids to believe, esp around the post season, should be exciting tourney, Get a W and you move on. I would say he will be 4/5 game vs oakdale I would assume. I think Hamby girl at Coalfield has played tremendous for them, definetly needs respect. The district will be dominant in region again I would think. ,Although From what I could tell and my sources, upper East Tn region 1 will take both State spots. TOo much strength on that end. Cosby, Hamptom, North Greene, Cloudland, and maybe a sleeper . Be interesting to watch.

Edited by ThrillaNvanilla

Here is my feeling bout this season. In A girls basketball you can win with great guards and no post, but you cant win with great post and no guards. The teams will finish in the order of their guard talent. Lets look at it.

1. O.S. - Ball and the two little girls are head and shoulders above others at their positions

2. Oneida - has the next best handlers and passers at the guard spots. I feel like all our girls are low with their dribble and unlike wartburg don't make the critical mistake. Wartburg would have been 2-0 vs. us if their guards hadn't made crucial late game mistakes.

3. Coalfield - Hamby has handled the ball much of the year and the other guards are more than ok

4. Wartburg- They don't have the ability to handle outside of one player. #2 is a turnover machine and they don't have anyone else to play that position. They look like they have done an ok job, but with guards they would be #1 now, without them they might miss the region. I echo jacketfan, when your best player isn't playing well you are in trouble.

5- Oakdale - guards are ok, but not great and that leaves them in this position.

6-7 nobody cares.

Wartburg's problem is all about bad attitude. Mostly their PG. She is a great talent, but if she gets upset about something, it takes two quarters for her to get over it. Anytime she thinks she's been fouled she gets mad and usually makes a bonehead play or a bad foul. She has the talent to play college ball, but her attitude has kept even Roane State away from her.

I feel up and down with Wartburg. They are going to be very good in the future next 2 years I just feel that this season the team hasn't had an identity to speak of. When they get back to running Coach Davis's defense in the coming years and to their usually excellent motion offense they will be fine. This year they play much of the time with 1 Jr. 1 Freshmen, and 3 Soph. on the floor at a time and sometimes 2 Freshmen. They only lose 2 Seniors so I think this year has been one where growing up has had to happen. Not making an excuse but stating a fact. Wartburg has had 3-6 seniors per year over the last few seasons that played and led. This year only 2 and it makes a difference. Good luck to everyone going in to the tournaments!

I disagree with the assumption that everyone behind OS is "bad". How do you explain Coalfield (#3) knocking of the Bobcats during the season and if Oneida can win Friday then the #1 seed basically comes down to a coin flip. I've said all along that the Lady Indians have some good ingredients.....they just need to make their chemistry work. Still, at 19-5.....they can't be too shabby.

Kaz

They have to BEAT the Lady Indians to get the #1 seed.....and that will be decided by coin toss. If Oneida wins they will each have 2 losses and a head to head record of 1 and 1. So the quarter will fly.....of course they may have already flipped that coin???? That would be the only way you would know that the Lady Bobcats had clinched.

Really doesn't matter....both of these two should make the regional, imo...!

Kazzy

What players will be on the all-district team this year? I think the regular season is tougher to make considering you have to play well for so long. My guess is there are about 4 shoe-ins and then it gets interesting after that.

Kazzy

You have Hamby as MVP of the district and Ball and the twins on the all district team from OS...who else made it?