BGA Baseball

tigbra32

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BGA has had trouble winning the DII E/M region the last few years. BA has had the dominate team. BA coach Alexander seems to out coach BGA Myers. Even when BGA had the talent advantage (England Smith, Marconcini)BA won. BGA, BA, and Ryan seem to be even this year, so it will come down to coaching.

Brentwood Academy didn't start playing for a state title every year until they hired Chandler Gannick. He has made a big difference in their program.

BGA is atop the Division II-AA rankings headed into this week's series with BA - the No. 2 team in the II-AA standings.

I think BGA has good chance to win the Mid-TN/east region. BA has a lot of injuries and little depth. Essentially only 5 guys can pitch right now and only 3 of them are legit starters. Things need to fall in line for them (like each starter pitch a complete game every time out - pretty tough to do). That said, they are very young - only 2 srs on the team and 7 of the starters are underclassmen with a lot of talent. I would say it would be a disappointing yr next yr if they do not win it all but injuries play a big role with any team. I noted the comment below about ganick joining BA. Yes he handles the pitchers and has made a difference. I know both very well but the the comment below misrepresents Buddy's strategic coaching. I have been in baseball all of my life incl almost 20 yrs of coaching at various levels - he is one of the best i have seen at getting the most out of his team. His team went to the state c-ship last yr and probably had less talent than every other team (not the case in previous yrs though) and that was because they did the little things like making key defensive plays, getting the bunts down, doing the hit and run effectively, etc. Buddy calls those not chandler. By the way, they lost to pelham, AL 8-5 a few wks back and we did not throw any of our starting pitchers. Pelham is ranked 5th in the USA

BGA has had trouble winning the DII E/M region the last few years. BA has had the dominate team. BA coach Alexander seems to out coach BGA Myers. Even when BGA had the talent advantage (England Smith, Marconcini)BA won. BGA, BA, and Ryan seem to be even this year, so it will come down to coaching.

I would agree with the top 3. Ryan has the pitching to win it all, they just have to start hitting. BGA seems to be the best overall, just edging out BA. In the playoffs coaching is huge and the edge in the Middle goes to BA. And there is always one team that gets hot at the right time. JPII seems to be improving along with Ensworth. Baylor and McCallie...you know, I wasn't that impressed with McCallie early in the season, but taking the series against Baylor makes me think that the young team is figuring it out. No idea what the deal is with MBA baseball.

I thought CBHS would lead the charge out of the west, but I think I saw MUS winning that series?

I would agree with the top 3. Ryan has the pitching to win it all, they just have to start hitting. BGA seems to be the best overall, just edging out BA. In the playoffs coaching is huge and the edge in the Middle goes to BA. And there is always one team that gets hot at the right time. JPII seems to be improving along with Ensworth. Baylor and McCallie...you know, I wasn't that impressed with McCallie early in the season, but taking the series against Baylor makes me think that the young team is figuring it out. No idea what the deal is with MBA baseball.

I thought CBHS would lead the charge out of the west, but I think I saw MUS winning that series?

I haven't seen a game this year. Does BGA still bang the dugout bench with a bat like a girl's softball team and dog pile on the mound everytime they win a game?

I haven't seen a game this year. Does BGA still bang the dugout bench with a bat like a girl's softball team and dog pile on the mound everytime they win a game?

Yep they sure do although you forgot the drums and last yr they used a horn at a game i attended