Gordonsville Tigers 2012

croz6110

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croz, how bout an honest to goodness evaluation of the team so far; i.e. bigger, faster, stronger? Have they had any scrimmages amd/or 7 on 7's, if so, how did they do? Will they be able to replace Vincent @ wideout? Are all 23 seniors (back on the team) working hard? Any new wrinkles this year or is the offense still the I and base 50 D? Lastly, if its even possible between seasons, has the team matured any as far as composure is concerned?

As far as I know all the seniors are back, so they should be bigger, faster, stronger. Offense and Defense, I believe are still the same. They scrimmage Dekalb tomorrow so I'll check them out. As Turtleman would say, "yeeyeeyeeyeeyee LIVE ACTION."

As far as I know all the seniors are back, so they should be bigger, faster, stronger. Offense and Defense, I believe are still the same. They scrimmage Dekalb tomorrow so I'll check them out. As Turtleman would say, "yeeyeeyeeyeeyee LIVE ACTION."

Gorgonsville should win the Peewee Championship this year!...That's if they can keep from acting like a bunch of babies when they get behind in a game. flower.gif

Gorgonsville should win the Peewee Championship this year!...That's if they can keep from acting like a bunch of babies when they get behind in a game. flower.gif

Talk all you want, but if Macon and Gville had played every year for the last 20, Gville would've won at least 15. They did play when I was in school, and Gville won 3 out of 4 and was royally screwed on the one loss.

The scrimmage against Dekalb didn't go as well as I expected. The starters went 14-7 in Dekalb's favor. Gville had the upper hand with the second team 21-7. Gville didn't do bad defensively, but offensively they struggled. Dekalb's D was attacking pretty hard. Every time Watson went back to pass, he had a blitzing LB in his face. Dekalb had no deep safety and Gville only threw one hot route to a TE. Their D looked very similar to what SP would try to do against us.

Overall, I was impressed with Dekalb, they've got a solid team. We did some things well, but the things that need attention was obvious.

And, JT Swaim, who is a three year starter, got hurt. It looked to be his left knee. I hope it's not serious. He played G and DE and he's a senior LEADER. He is definitely a key cog.

The scrimmage against Dekalb didn't go as well as I expected. The starters went 14-7 in Dekalb's favor. Gville had the upper hand with the second team 21-7. Gville didn't do bad defensively, but offensively they struggled. Dekalb's D was attacking pretty hard. Every time Watson went back to pass, he had a blitzing LB in his face. Dekalb had no deep safety and Gville only threw one hot route to a TE. Their D looked very similar to what SP would try to do against us.

Overall, I was impressed with Dekalb, they've got a solid team. We did some things well, but the things that need attention was obvious.

And, JT Swaim, who is a three year starter, got hurt. It looked to be his left knee. I hope it's not serious. He played G and DE and he's a senior LEADER. He is definitely a key cog.

I was very impressed with our starting defense they have really got alot better. The offense looked like we had an off game. QB just made things here and there that he usually doesn't, but then again that can probably be attributed to Gville's secondary being good. Overall good, though. I think counting every TD no matter what string was in I came up with 4 TD's a piece. Both teams should have a solid season. I did wanna see more of number 20 for us. He is a solid running back and is exciting to watch. He ran for that huge touchdown the first time he touched the ball then on offense I think I only saw him like two more times.