District 13-AA 2012

bigredbird

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it is a 3-way race for district, huh? S. Gibson has a leg up with a win over Milan and not playing Covington. Covington and Milan still have to play each other, so does that mean that if S. Gibson wins out, they are assured of either 1st or 2nd in the district now?

What if both Covington and S. Gibson win out?

I hate to say it, but S. Gibson will probably win out. The rest of their schedule is pretty weak.

ChargerFan, , both in same district,but different classes = Covington in 4A and S.Gibson in 3A id assume both will be #1 in their class..,however both will be lumped in with other districts per class in their...................quad ( 4 districts ) which could effect it all ( TSSAA math )...lots of f/b left and anything can happen..play em one at a time ..it will all work out in due time..

Edited by DHSFB64

ChargerFan, , both in same district,but different classes = Covington in 4A and S.Gibson in 3A id assume both will be #1 in their class..,however both will be lumped in with other districts per class in their...................quad ( 4 districts ) which could effect it all ( TSSAA math )...lots of f/b left and anything can happen..play em one at a time ..it will all work out in due time..

Yeah, and I am not a big fan of the way they do the playoffs. This pod system seems odd to me. I hate the fact that you have to play rematches with folks in your own district to start off. I think that they could structure it so that you matched up with teams from other districts. That's just me, though.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

So, looking at the standings (below), it appears that the first and second place teams in the District will come from S. Gibson, Milan, and Covington. I read somewhere that Covington had the tiebreakers over S, Gibson. Is that correct, and, if so, what are the tiebreakers?

Just trying to learn how this all works.

District 13

Team _________ District __________Overall

Covington (4A) _______ 4-0____________ 7-0

South_Gibson(3A)______4-0____________7-0 Milan(3A)______________3-1____________6-1

Dyersburg(4A)__________2-1____________5-1

Westview (3A)__________2-1____________3-3

Ripley (4A)____________2-2_____________3-4

Crockett County (4A)____2-3_____________4-3

Obion County (4A)______1-4_____________2-5

Haywood County (4A)____0-4_____________2-5

Gibson County (3A)______0-4____________0-7

Edited by CHARGERFAN

So, looking at the standings (below), it appears that the first and second place teams in the District will come from S. Gibson, Milan, and Covington. I read somewhere that Covington had the tiebreakers over S, Gibson. Is that correct, and, if so, what are the tiebreakers?

Just trying to learn how this all works.

District 13

Team _________ District __________Overall

Covington (4A) _______ 4-0____________ 7-0

South_Gibson(3A)______4-0____________7-0 Milan(3A)______________3-1____________6-1

Dyersburg(4A)__________2-1____________5-1

Westview (3A)__________2-1____________3-3

Ripley (4A)____________2-2_____________3-4

Crockett County (4A)____2-3_____________4-3

Obion County (4A)______1-4_____________2-5

Haywood County (4A)____0-4_____________2-5

Gibson County (3A)______0-4____________0-7

Your standings do not include Dyersburg's blowout win over Westview. Their game was postponed from Friday to Saturday this past week.