District 14-AA in 2012

bigredbird

Was leaving bolivar off this list an oversight, or are you saying you think they will finish dead last in this district.

i know they lost a lot to graduation, but i don't think they have fallen that low.

!!!! dang !!!! sorry crock i completely forgot...no harm intended

ummm i dont remember my exact order...ill put the green tigers at 5...i think SS takes their spot in the playoffs this season...sorry

14-AA

1. Lexington Big Red

2. Chester County

3. Liberty

4. Jackson South Side

7. JCM

8. FW

However, doesn't matter 13-AA Covington will beat whomever 14-AA representative is in playoffs like last year. Talked to Covington people & they expect to go undefeated thru quarterfinals this fall. I think I agree.

14-AA

1. Lexington Big Red

2. Chester County

3. Liberty

4. Jackson South Side

7. JCM

8. FW

However, doesn't matter 13-AA Covington will beat whomever 14-AA representative is in playoffs like last year. Talked to Covington people & they expect to go undefeated thru quarterfinals this fall. I think I agree.

yea theyre real proud about beating our 3 seed last year arent they...covington wins 13AA because its a weak district...they will go undefeated because its a weak district...they will not beat liberty or lexington because 13AA is a weak district... :flower:

• Upvote 1

i heard from a pretty good source that south side looked very impressive against milan in their spring game...yes spring game...but still...its milan...and i heard it wasnt very close

1. lexington

2. liberty/south side

4. chester county

5. jcm

6. mcnairy

7. fw

very hard for me to put south side ahead of liberty without seeing them play

Milan hasn't won a spring scrimmage in years. They played Haywood a couple of years ago in the spring and lost 38-9. Milan went on to the state championship game and Haywood 1-9. The final score of the Milan/South Side scrimmage was 34-34. I was there. I have missed 3 milan games in the last 15 years.

yea theyre real proud about beating our 3 seed last year arent they...covington wins 13AA because its a weak district...they will go undefeated because its a weak district...they will not beat liberty or lexington because 13AA is a weak district... :flower:

Covington will not go undefeated. Milan will be a major bump in the road, however they will probably beat everyone else until playoffs.

Covington will not go undefeated. Milan will be a major bump in the road, however they will probably beat everyone else until playoffs.

purp...milan is a measuring stick for teams in this area...i dont think you were offended by my post...a standard of excellence has been set there and it is something to be proud of...

i find it hard to believe that they havent won a spring scrimmage in however long youve said...once again it is spring...believe me i understand...but for SS and the past few seasons theyve had...thats good news...great news...

as far as covington...i thought they were the better team last season and they are right on par with milan as the game played between them showed...that game could have gone either way...and another year under wheelers belt should put them over the top...

i would love to see a round robin with lexington, liberty, milan and covington

i dont know if chester county can repeat what they did last season...that being said...if dyersburg is as good as being advertised and SS isnt...then i might have to state that 13AA is the stronger district this season

• Upvote 1

purp...milan is a measuring stick for teams in this area...i dont think you were offended by my post...a standard of excellence has been set there and it is something to be proud of...

i find it hard to believe that they havent won a spring scrimmage in however long youve said...once again it is spring...believe me i understand...but for SS and the past few seasons theyve had...thats good news...great news...

as far as covington...i thought they were the better team last season and they are right on par with milan as the game played between them showed...that game could have gone either way...and another year under wheelers belt should put them over the top...

i would love to see a round robin with lexington, liberty, milan and covington

i dont know if chester county can repeat what they did last season...that being said...if dyersburg is as good as being advertised and SS isnt...then i might have to state that 13AA is the stronger district this season

No offense taken dhs! I was really impressed with covington last year. Milan jumped on them hard early and covington got in a hole but really seemed to get stronger as the game went on. If that game had gone into ot, it could have been a completely different story. I have alot of respect for covington. All I am saying is they should't be talking about going undefeated with the Dawgs on their schedule. To be the man u gotta beat the man.

I too would love to see a round robin between Lexington, Liberty< milan and covington.

Covington goes undefeated in 2012 regular season. Nothing to do with wheeler, when he was at ripley they(ripley) were basically the only team Covington beat in that time frame, then when he went to Cov well you guessed it Ripley won. outside of last yr he was on the losing side whichever that happened to be. Covington is just loaded with several fast(quick) backs, they're in an upcycle talent(speed wise)right now. Covington wins easily this fall in an untypically weak district for a second yr .

I too would love to see a round robin between Lexington, Liberty< milan and covington.

If so would finish

1. Lexington

2. Covington

3. Milan

4. Liberty

* Lexington loaded, coaching only ?, second yr let's see

* Milan not as good as years past

* Covington speed in backfield..williams,white & two others, give & watch run

* Liberty ,decent because best option for public school in Jackson, so they get a few athletes

If so would finish

1. Lexington

2. Covington

3. Milan

4. Liberty

* Lexington loaded, coaching only ?, second yr let's see

* Milan not as good as years past

* Covington speed in backfield..williams,white & two others, give & watch run

* Liberty ,decent because best option for public school in Jackson, so they get a few athletes

Bentley... I respect your opinion and this isn't necessarily just directed at you because I have heard a couple of other coach t posters say this. But how is milan down or not as good as years past? Last year, 13-2 and state runner-up with almost everyone coming back. I just don't know what people are basing these statements on.

As far as Covington goes, I have the upmost respect for them. I was very impressed with them this last year. They have alot of athletes. They seemed alittle undersized except for the big center. Is he still there?

Anyway, I think Covington could go undefeated. They certainly have the talent. But they have to get past Milan first. I think that the game being played in Covington this year will help. However, I wouldn't get the cart before the horse.

Bentley... I respect your opinion and this isn't necessarily just directed at you because I have heard a couple of other coach t posters say this. But how is milan down or not as good as years past? Last year, 13-2 and state runner-up with almost everyone coming back. I just don't know what people are basing these statements on.

As far as Covington goes, I have the upmost respect for them. I was very impressed with them this last year. They have alot of athletes. They seemed alittle undersized except for the big center. Is he still there?

Bigpurple no disrespect to Milan but they weren't as strong as a typical Milan. Look at the weaker than usual schedule, no fault of you guys. Both for Milan & Cov. the typically strong Crockett Co and Haywood Co were terrible. Tomcats had the worst team in their 100 yr history. WT football was down as a whole last yr with the exception of Lexington and they were upset in the playoffs. However Greeneville would have destroyed them or anyone else from WT. Lexington coach took over with a full cupboard/stable, wasn't able to capitalize. Has alot returning . we'll see if they sink. I didn't think Cov was very good either. I noticed ,as you, their small line. They didn't have to block much with the speed of their three backs. The center was huge but appeared soft with poor technique. Calling it as i see it, Cov with their back speed and down district will go 10-0. give it to em & get out the way.

Bigpurple no disrespect to Milan but they weren't as strong as a typical Milan. Look at the weaker than usual schedule, no fault of you guys. Both for Milan & Cov. the typically strong Crockett Co and Haywood Co were terrible. Tomcats had the worst team in their 100 yr history. WT football was down as a whole last yr with the exception of Lexington and they were upset in the playoffs. However Greeneville would have destroyed them or anyone else from WT. Lexington coach took over with a full cupboard/stable, wasn't able to capitalize. Has alot returning . we'll see if they sink. I didn't think Cov was very good either. I noticed ,as you, their small line. They didn't have to block much with the speed of their three backs. The center was huge but appeared soft with poor technique. Calling it as i see it, Cov with their back speed and down district will go 10-0. give it to em & get out the way.

No disrespect taken. I guess we can agree to disagree. It will all be settled on the field come October. See ya in Covington. Should be a great game!! :thumb: