District 14-AA in 2012

bigredbird

As far as Covington goes, I have the upmost respect for them. I was very impressed with them this last year. They have alot of athletes. They seemed alittle undersized except for the big center. Is he still there?

Bigpurple no disrespect to Milan but they weren't as strong as a typical Milan. Look at the weaker than usual schedule, no fault of you guys. Both for Milan & Cov. the typically strong Crockett Co and Haywood Co were terrible. Tomcats had the worst team in their 100 yr history. WT football was down as a whole last yr with the exception of Lexington and they were upset in the playoffs. However Greeneville would have destroyed them or anyone else from WT. Lexington coach took over with a full cupboard/stable, wasn't able to capitalize. Has alot returning . we'll see if they sink. I didn't think Cov was very good either. I noticed ,as you, their small line. They didn't have to block much with the speed of their three backs. The center was huge but appeared soft with poor technique. Calling it as i see it, Cov with their back speed and down district will go 10-0. give it to em & get out the way.

a lot of teams go " in cycles"...with the exception of milan and a few others...lol ill even throw in gibson county...they just have the opposite of milan ya know...

saying haywood had the worst team in 100 years as an excuse is odd...because obion had its best season in i dont know how long...so whats the difference...haywood wont be good this season either...they havent had a decent team in 5 years or so...just like jcm...crockett will be awful again as well...then theres south gibson...whom everyone seems to think is special...but who did they beat??? jcs i mean come on

lexington struggled in a few games last season...scotts hill, liberty, chester co, bolivar and finally got blown out in the 1st round...i find it odd that you have them winning the round robin...they didnt manhandle anyone last season...especially the good teams...

we will never know until these 2 districts meet in the playoffs which will never happen with milan at 3A...yes covington made it farther in 4A...they also had the easiest road in the state...and they lost to maplewood same as liberty

as far as athletes go...id venture to say that liberty has more athletes than anyone around this area...the question is whether they take coaching...there isnt anyone who can put the kind of speed that we do on the field...but we do lack size IMO...

As far as Covington goes, I have the upmost respect for them. I was very impressed with them this last year. They have alot of athletes. They seemed alittle undersized except for the big center. Is he still there?

Bigpurple no disrespect to Milan but they weren't as strong as a typical Milan. Look at the weaker than usual schedule, no fault of you guys. Both for Milan & Cov. the typically strong Crockett Co and Haywood Co were terrible. Tomcats had the worst team in their 100 yr history. WT football was down as a whole last yr with the exception of Lexington and they were upset in the playoffs. However Greeneville would have destroyed them or anyone else from WT. Lexington coach took over with a full cupboard/stable, wasn't able to capitalize. Has alot returning . we'll see if they sink. I didn't think Cov was very good either. I noticed ,as you, their small line. They didn't have to block much with the speed of their three backs. The center was huge but appeared soft with poor technique. Calling it as i see it, Cov with their back speed and down district will go 10-0. give it to em & get out the way.

a lot of teams go " in cycles"...with the exception of milan and a few others...lol ill even throw in gibson county...they just have the opposite of milan ya know...

saying haywood had the worst team in 100 years as an excuse is odd...because obion had its best season in i dont know how long...so whats the difference...haywood wont be good this season either...they havent had a decent team in 5 years or so...just like jcm...crockett will be awful again as well...then theres south gibson...whom everyone seems to think is special...but who did they beat??? jcs i mean come on

lexington struggled in a few games last season...scotts hill, liberty, chester co, bolivar and finally got blown out in the 1st round...i find it odd that you have them winning the round robin...they didnt manhandle anyone last season...especially the good teams...

we will never know until these 2 districts meet in the playoffs which will never happen with milan at 3A...yes covington made it farther in 4A...they also had the easiest road in the state...and they lost to maplewood same as liberty

as far as athletes go...id venture to say that liberty has more athletes than anyone around this area...the question is whether they take coaching...there isnt anyone who can put the kind of speed that we do on the field...but we do lack size IMO...

Went back and looked at Lexington's 2011 schedule & results,,I apologize. they were/are way over rated..they played a weak schedule and didn't beat anybody..lost in the first round to a mediocre opponent. However they didn't struggle with scotts hill, i think they blowed em 51-0. Gibson Co should drop football. Haywood & Crockett untypically terrible, nowhere to go but up. WT football was down as a whole. Obion Co wasn't very good. Their defense was turbull. If you went to see them play, you still didn't see em play defense cause they didn't play any. They wouldn't tackle and avoided contact. :popcorneater: Covington still goes 11-0 maybe 12-0 this fall.Undefeated in a second yr weak district. They have three backs faster than Lib. Like the famous Roy Dillard would say "ewe think eye'm joe king butt eye'm knot"

Revised

1. Covington

2. Milan

3. Lexington/Liberty/CC

Edited by StBentley

I agree that 13-AA has some weak teams, but you can't say that the top teams in that district are down because there are some bad teams in the district. Somebody mentioned Greeneville earlier. Granted I am not comparing anybody in 13-AA to Greeneville, but their district is horrible. It is very common for no teams in that district to get out of the first round, but that doesn't mean Greeneville is down.

Milan and Covington have excellent teams. Yes there are some weak teams in their district, but they proved their strength in the playoffs by making the semi's and the championship game. They will both do well in the coming season too!

Off subject, but i drove down to Covington for the Lexington at Covington baseball game. Both teams are competitive but Lexington's pitching mistakes killed themselves. Covington lead at the end of 5 (5-3) with Covington only having 1 hit, an infield bunt. 5 runs on one hit and with basically the ball not getting out of the infield. The guy hit maybe 5 hitters(HBP)in this time. One with bases loaded. He balked at least 3 times. And was constantly behind the hitters. I would be willing to say his 1st pitch strikes to hitters was probably 1 of 20ish. Many walks & HBP batsmen. If he learns how to pitch he could be quite effective. Lex made a valiant comeback in the seventh but Cov held them off 7-6. Lex couldn't overcome these deficiencies.. The kid is not bad but needs to get command, pretty good hitter as well. Think Lexington had the better team just couldn't overcome these mistakes. Cov moves on to take on McNairy.

i meant riverside in this post...not scotts hill...sorry folks...i finally made a mistake

Off subject, but i drove down to Covington for the Lexington at Covington baseball game. Both teams are competitive but Lexington's pitching mistakes killed themselves. Covington lead at the end of 5 (5-3) with Covington only having 1 hit, an infield bunt. 5 runs on one hit and with basically the ball not getting out of the infield. The guy hit maybe 5 hitters(HBP)in this time. One with bases loaded. He balked at least 3 times. And was constantly behind the hitters. I would be willing to say his 1st pitch strikes to hitters was probably 1 of 20ish. Many walks & HBP batsmen. If he learns how to pitch he could be quite effective. Lex made a valiant comeback in the seventh but Cov held them off 7-6. Lex couldn't overcome these deficiencies.. The kid is not bad but needs to get command, pretty good hitter as well. Think Lexington had the better team just couldn't overcome these mistakes. Cov moves on to take on McNairy.

Should be good a match-up between Cov & McNairy. Both are likely to qualify for state cause both will face weak Memphis teams in sub-state that follows.