The clouds have parted.

The skies are blue.

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.

A--Ezell

AA--Tyner

AAA---Trousdale Co.

AAAA----Maryville

AAAAA-----Germantown

If these pan out, I will remind you. If they don't, then don't remind me.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by footballstud33:

The regions are about sorted out to who will be first till last. Playoffs are about here, and you can pretty much see who you are going to have to play in the first round. State picks are pretty much up for whoever play good in the playoffs.

AA-Tyner all the way!

AAA-Trousdale Co./Howard

AAAA-Up for grabs! I say Hixson or Maryville

AAAAA-up for grabs!

In AAA the same team that was rocked by Austin-East, 25-8?

In AAAA the same Hixson team that lost to Tyner, 6-0?

I'd probably say Trousdale and Maryville are the safer of the two picks, but I see some loyalty to the Chattanooga area teams there. Good Luck to all of you guys.

D-II Title Predictions

A- Bishp Byrne

FACS has the best record in D-II A. They will meet Bishop Byrne in the Championship game. This is the western heavy classification. Don't look for any miracles out of the east, because 1-6 Sewanee is the only non-western team in single A. Even with FACS record, I am going to have throw them down on paper as the under-dog due to thier loss to Byrne. Bishop Byrne by 7 1/2.

AA- BGA

Hands down. No question. They systematically destroyed Knox Webb last night. There are no teams in the west that will challenge the 'Cats. Look for Briarcrest to win their 5th silver ball this year. BGA by 14.

AAA- McCallie

McCallie is the only team to have beaten BA here in Tennessee. I think you have to look for a rematch of last year's AAA game. I think Carlton Flatt will realize what it must have felt like to be Tom Moore in years past. His eagles will not beat the Blue Tornado. McCallie wins by 3.

Guest cole703

Brentwood Academy will win in a close game over McCallie. BA is just now starting to play like the BA teams of past but they still make too many mental mistakes to be compared to those older BA teams. They have a great line but don't have any skilled position players that will go to a big time division 1 school. Carlton used to have a D-1 player at QB, RB, and WR. This year they have good high school players at those positions but no great players.

Just my opinion!!!!!!!

Divison II

Class A - Bishop Byrne - They won it last year and I cant see anyone standing in thier way. This divison is very weak. Bishop Byrne over FACS

Class AA - Briarcrest - They are Buffalo Bills of the Divison II. But i think this is the year that Hugh Freeze's team brings home the gold trophy with a win over BGA.

Class AAA - McCallie - I think McCallie losing to MUS might have been a wake up call for the Blue Tornando. So in a re-match in the Title Game with MUS (not BA) i see the Blue Tornando winning by 2 TD's.

Divison I

Class A - USJ - Another playoff contender that has done well in the post season, but no gold ball yet. This is the year that Mickey Marley's team wins the whole thing. They will beat CPA in the semis and Boyd in the finals.

Class AA - Tyner - Havent got past the Quaters since 1997. While Goodpasture, Lipscomb, and Sweetwater are all good teams I think Tyner will defeat Milan in the finals.

Class AAA - Trousdale County - A state title contender every year in Class A now is on track for another title at 3A. With Portland a little down this year, look for the Yellow Jackets to beat Covington in the finals.

Class AAAA - Maryville - How do pick against the best team in the state? Hillsboro is probably the 2nd best in the whole state, but just happens to be in 4A with Maryville. Maryville wins this but this year is a lot closer.

Class AAAAA - Gallatin - Many people think Riverdale or Germantown. Gallatin has gone quietly about its own business. Gallatin trips up former region foe Riverdale in the finals.

WhoCares,

You can't use the Baylor/McCallie matchup as a measuring stick. It too much of a rivalry game. It doesn't matter what the records are in that game. Its like any big rivalry- they usually aren't blowouts.

That matchup is the most anticipated in Chattanooga on a yearly basis. Not a good yard stick by which to measure.

A-USJ has a road win over CPA from week 1 & the Bruins have been rolling ever since.I see them beating CPA in a rematch.

AA-I think Goodpasture will it all.Here in West TN there isn't a real powerhouse but Milan,Union City & Martin Westview are strong.Any one of them could come out of Region 7 2A.

AAA-Covington may have their best team in history.I think the Chargers take it for the school's 1st ever football title.

AAAA-Maryville will be the team to beat.

AAAAA-Whoever wins the Germantown city title,GHS/Houston,takes on the Murfreesboro city champ,Riverdale/Oakland.My prediction is Germantown over Riverdale.