Powell Baseball

Vols1234

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What direction does the Powell baseball program go after another under achieved season

Hard to see them being as good next year. D.Owenby and Skeen as well as several others will be missed. They lose most of their hitting and best pitcher. The last 2 years were supposed to be glory years for them. They were a good team that won a lot of games. Sometimes team chemistry just doesnt mesh. There are lots of good young men on that team. I hope someone sees the light and ends that ridiculous chant they do all game. It appears not to faze their opponents and really makes Powell look sort of silly.

Edited by AlwaysARookie

What I saw this year was a gaping hole a short stop. The kid they had, #2, was in my opinion not very good. If they filled that spot better I think they could have made it a lot farther. Also I sorta blame it on coaching because after watching Powell play a lot I came away with four things 1. They were very undisciplined hitters. 2. They took terrible approaches at the plate. 3. Made to many silly errors. 4. They sound like a darn softball team in the dug out.

What I saw this year was a gaping hole a short stop. The kid they had, #2, was in my opinion not very good. If they filled that spot better I think they could have made it a lot farther. Also I sorta blame it on coaching because after watching Powell play a lot I came away with four things 1. They were very undisciplined hitters. 2. They took terrible approaches at the plate. 3. Made to many silly errors. 4. They sound like a darn softball team in the dug out.

The chanting from the dugout only worked to annoy the fans and did nothing to distract the opposing team. It made them look like poor sports and their coach as if he did not have a well discleplined team. Skeen, and the Owenby brothers are great athletes, to bad things didn't come together for their team. Hopefully there will be alot more baseball in their future.

The chanting from the dugout only worked to annoy the fans and did nothing to distract the opposing team. It made them look like poor sports and their coach as if he did not have a well discleplined team. Skeen, and the Owenby brothers are great athletes, to bad things didn't come together for their team. Hopefully there will be alot more baseball in their future.

This group of kids and parents seemed to fall apart when things went against them from 11 year old ball on...I thought they had grown out of it by this year. I was wrong.

Shame on every one of you! Some of these kids just played the last baseball game of their lives and you all can't wait to get on here and kick them right in the teeth. Do you all not remember how that felt when you were growing up? Or did you never play at all? Nice timing! You all think kids don't read this garbage? :evil:

Shame on every one of you! Some of these kids just played the last baseball game of their lives and you all can't wait to get on here and kick them right in the teeth. Do you all not remember how that felt when you were growing up? Or did you never play at all? Nice timing! You all think kids don't read this garbage? :evil:

Read the post again. Most say positive things about the players. The issue is the program. There were very talented athletes on the team and as the original post said they just seemed to implode two years in a row. Whether it was coaching or team chemistry things just didn't come together for Powell in the end. They were a great team for sure! But as they say, "that's baseball!"

Read the post again. Most say positive things about the players. The issue is the program. There were very talented athletes on the team and as the original post said they just seemed to implode two years in a row. Whether it was coaching or team chemistry things just didn't come together for Powell in the end. They were a great team for sure! But as they say, "that's baseball!"

I should not have included you in my shaming....Sorry

Just got a little upset at the poster that called out the SS, the idiot saying they have all been like that since they were 11, and all the whining about a bunch of kids cheering on their team. That chanting is what they have always done.....it just gets on the opposing team's parents nerves.

I should not have included you in my shaming....Sorry

Just got a little upset at the poster that called out the SS, the idiot saying they have all been like that since they were 11, and all the whining about a bunch of kids cheering on their team. That chanting is what they have always done.....it just gets on the opposing team's parents nerves.

I disagree about the parents thing, I think the chanting looks like poor sportsmanship. A sports team should want to win based on their ability to play not on their ability to distract the opposing team. I follow high school baseball and Powell is the only team I heard do this. I was at a game last year and when the opposing team put a young sophomore pitcher in to relieve they got even louder. I didn't have a dog in the fight and I was sitting in Powell's section in the bleachers. It probably just fires up the other team and their parents all the more to beat Powell. But like I said I wish Skeen, and Owenby all the best in their future baseball endeavors. I hope they both go far. I agree these athletes are kids and name calling is wrong on every level.

I would like to congratulate Powell on what I think was a very good year. Going 13-3 in a district with six teams that could get a win over any of the other top six on any given night is in my opinion a very good year. They will continue to compete in the district in the coming years. As far as the chanting, I saw Powell play at least 4 times this year and I never heard it get out of hand.