McCollum Let Go at Greenback

hoopsdaily

Coach Eddie McCollum was let go on Monday as coach and teacher as Greenback High School. After 35 years of teaching and coaching at GHS a power hungry new principal and new schools director forced him out. He has won nearly 500 games as girls basketball coach at Greenback during his time. This is a tragic move and one the idiots will regret.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Eddie McCollum was let go on Monday as coach and teacher as Greenback High School. After 35 years of teaching and coaching at GHS a power hungry new principal and new schools director forced him out. He has won nearly 500 games as girls basketball coach at Greenback during his time. This is a tragic move and one the idiots will regret.

Wow , I just saw where Cordell at Harriman is apparently out after about 38 years as Girls coach. that's a lot of W's between those two guys.

sounds like greenback is just cleanin house , im very shocked. I heard they let the baseball coach go as well

Dont forget he is the only coach to take the boys to substate twice(25 yrs apart)but he did take them.

sounds like greenback is just cleanin house , im very shocked. I heard they let the baseball coach go as well

Yeah, new sheriff (director of schools) in town as well as chief deputy (new principal). They are a dangerous duo. Wait until you hear who they have hired.

So they let the coach go Monday and have already hired a new coach? Former multi-sport Maryville athlete?

So are you tellin me that they have hired the same guy to coach baseball and basketball? Are they not even gonna test the waters and see who all might apply for the jobs?

So they let the coach go Monday and have already hired a new coach? Former multi-sport Maryville athlete?

I personally hate it for Eddie and also for the incoming seniors...I just don't understand some of the decisions that have been made, but I'm just glad that dad retired two years ago and not there to see the stuff hit the fan. All I know and heard is that Tyler Gaskins is helping with football and HC for boys basketball. And easttnbball11 I've heard the same also...Well, in a nut shell sounds like the county hired us another "Brenda Holbrook" type of principal and that situation didn't last long either but not before morale was totally gone.

The new coach will be former Lady Vol Courtney McDaniel who has been an assistant at a few are High School Teams. So say my sources.

That's what I am hearing too. She was offered and accepted even before Eddie was let go. Of course it still has to be approved by the school board (HA). I don't believe she is even certified to teach, but is a teacher's assistant. Not sure she has the 5 years as a TSSAA volunteer assistant required to be considered to be a head coach. May be but not sure about it. I believe she assists at GP now but that is only job I know she has ever held. Could be wrong.

That's what I am hearing too. She was offered and accepted even before Eddie was let go. Of course it still has to be approved by the school board (HA). I don't believe she is even certified to teach, but is a teacher's assistant. Not sure she has the 5 years as a TSSAA volunteer assistant required to be considered to be a head coach. May be but not sure about it. I believe she assists at GP now but that is only job I know she has ever held. Could be wrong.

I've always have heard that a coaching position is to be posted for so many days before it could be filled, no matter if the hire is in-house. But I could be totally wrong.

I've always have heard that a coaching position is to be posted for so many days before it could be filled, no matter if the hire is in-house. But I could be totally wrong.

Can't speak for the girls side but Tyler Gaskins will be a HUGE step up for boys basketball.