GRACE VS UNAKA AND ROCKWOOD VS NORTH GREEN

baseball100

They're pretty much dominant. They're have been better teams in the district in years past, but they're clearly the best Class A school in East Tennessee this year. The have three aces and they can rip the baseball. Could make a run in Murfreesboro.

Thanks. That's good to hear. Coach Hochevar was always a joy to work with. Glad to hear he and the team are doing so well this year.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do y'all think Grace will make the final four? Or will they be another classic example of how weak upper east Tennessee single A ball is? Has upper east Tennessee sent a team to the final four since the tournament was expanded to 8 teams? I'm only saying upper east Tennessee because I know Chattanooga has sent Boyd and South Pitt to the final four the last few years

A team from Region 2-A has not won a game at state since 2009, when Coalfield won an elimination game but lost the next one.

The last team from Region 2-A to make the state's final four was Harriman in 2005. The Blue Devils lost to USJ in a semifinal elimination game.

A Region 2-A team has not won state since the adoption of the eight-team format in 2003. The last region team to win state was Coalfield in 1998.

Edited by WesVLT

Goose, 2001 was actually a pretty good guess. Rockwood lost the no-hitter game in 02.

Question for Goose - who do you think would have taken a best of 3 series between the 05 Harriman team and the 99 Rockwood team?

Both teams were the last public school standing in single A those years. I have always believed that had Rockwood not committed a few errors late to let USJ win that opening round game in 99, Rockwood had the pitching to win the 2nd game against FRA, and would have been waiting in the championship game for USJ or FRA. I am not sure Rockwood's 3 or 4 could have beaten USJ/FRA 4 or 5 in the championship game or the if necessary game, but that would have been the closest a Roane County team has been to a state championship since Kingston finished runner up in 93.

Anyway, the 05 HHS team and 99 RHS teams are the best I have seen in Roane County in 25 plus years (this side of Kingston's 93 and 98 squads). Which do you think was the better squad?

Guys I honestly think the 04 Harriman team (with Eble on the mound) was just as good as the 05 team. 99 Rockwood would win that game 10 ot of 10 times. Best teams to come out of the east in the past 10 years were '03 Rockwood, '04 and '05 Unaka and '05 Harriman.

Guys I honestly think the 04 Harriman team (with Eble on the mound) was just as good as the 05 team. 99 Rockwood would win that game 10 ot of 10 times. Best teams to come out of the east in the past 10 years were '03 Rockwood, '04 and '05 Unaka and '05 Harriman.

How many games did those Unaka teams win in the state tournament? I heard someone say a few years back that Unaka has never won a game in the state tournament