GRACE VS UNAKA AND ROCKWOOD VS NORTH GREEN

baseball100

CRAZY YOU SAY MID 80S I HAVE HEARD FROM ABOUT 4 OR 5 OTHER PEOPLE LOW 80S AND DOES HAVE CONTROL PROBLEMS FROM TIME TO TIME AND THEY ARE FROM THERE SO I GOT TO GO WITH THEM ON THIS ONE AND FROM WHAT I HEARD A MIN AGO FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS SEEM THEM PLAY SAY THEM AND ROCKWOOD ARE ABOUT AS A LIKE AS YOU CAN GET BOTH DECENT LINEUPS STRUGGLE IN SOME SPOTS AND DONT FIELD IT WELL IN ALL 9 SPOTS SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE.. AND ON THE UNAKA AND GRACE IF YOU CAN GET TO GRACE PEN THEY CAN BE HIT BUT YOU GOT TO GET THERE AND UNAKA WILL SEE A KID THAT HAS ALREADY SIGN TO PLAY AT MEMPHIS PRETTY GOOD ARM. BUT GRACE BEATS PEOPLE HITTING THE BALL 1 TO 9 ALL HIT FOR HIGH AVG AND ABOUT 6 OF THEM CAN GO DEEP AT ANYTIME UNAKA BETTER BE ABLE TO PUT UP 10 OR 11 RUNS TO HAVE A CHANCE

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT NORTH GREEN, DO THEY HAVE GOOD PITCHING HITTING OR WHAT, ONLY TEAM TO RUN RULE ROCKWOOD HAS BEEN GRACE AND LETS FACE IT UNAKA ROCKWOOD AND NG WOULD HAVE TO COMBINE TO COMPETE WITH GRACE IM A AREA GUY IM TRYIN TO FIGURE OUT WITCH GAME TO GO WATCH I WANT TO SEE A GOOD GAME NOT GRACE BY 20 BUT IF YOU THINK ROCKWOOD WILL GET BEAT IN 5 ILL SAVE THE 3 HOUR DRIVE

North Greene is a very good team with only a couple of seniors. They have good pitching, hitting, and defense. Tyler Bailey, sophomore pitcher, threw a perfect game against I think Gatlinburg Pittman earlier this season. I know nothing of the teams in other parts of the state, but North Greene is well coached, fundamentally sound, but lots of underclassmen varsity/starters. They are not one dimensional team, and I would not be surprised to see them do well. If not, they are young and will be a force next year and beyond. No dog in this fight, just some info on the team which I have watched twice this year and I am located in the same county, so I know they are good.

CRAZY YOU SAY MID 80S I HAVE HEARD FROM ABOUT 4 OR 5 OTHER PEOPLE LOW 80S AND DOES HAVE CONTROL PROBLEMS FROM TIME TO TIME AND THEY ARE FROM THERE SO I GOT TO GO WITH THEM ON THIS ONE AND FROM WHAT I HEARD A MIN AGO FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS SEEM THEM PLAY SAY THEM AND ROCKWOOD ARE ABOUT AS A LIKE AS YOU CAN GET BOTH DECENT LINEUPS STRUGGLE IN SOME SPOTS AND DONT FIELD IT WELL IN ALL 9 SPOTS SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE.. AND ON THE UNAKA AND GRACE IF YOU CAN GET TO GRACE PEN THEY CAN BE HIT BUT YOU GOT TO GET THERE AND UNAKA WILL SEE A KID THAT HAS ALREADY SIGN TO PLAY AT MEMPHIS PRETTY GOOD ARM. BUT GRACE BEATS PEOPLE HITTING THE BALL 1 TO 9 ALL HIT FOR HIGH AVG AND ABOUT 6 OF THEM CAN GO DEEP AT ANYTIME UNAKA BETTER BE ABLE TO PUT UP 10 OR 11 RUNS TO HAVE A CHANCE

Two things:

1: Bailey may very well only be hitting low 80's, but I just thought it looked alittle faster. Heck, might just be from where I have been calling middle school ball behind the plate for 2+ months and it just looks fast after seeing so much middle school pitching. Or maybe he was just pumped yesterday and got alittle more pop on his fastball. I don't really know. But I do know (from what I saw) is he had no problems with control. Like I said, only one walk yesterday. Had a 7 inning perfect game in March. Just doesn't sound like someone who has a control issue to me.. But again, who knows. I may be wrong.

2: There are two reasons I think North Greene will beat Rockwood with realitve ease. First, I bet I can probably count the people who have seen both teams on my right hand. So I just like to think I "know" things. I'm actually pretty good at it, if I do say so myself.

And I know its hard to go off head to head match ups and its kind of a crapshoot. But Rockwood played Washburn in a DH at home and beat them 10-0 and 11-1 if I'm mistaking. Good wins. But Monday, Unaka hops off the bus at Washburn after a 2 1/2-3 hour drive, and puts up 19 in two innings on their ace. But then those same Unaka bats have scored only 2 runs in 4 games against North Greene pitching... But that's just my .02 cents worth. I might be wrong. Who knows??

Edited by crazzyness

Unaka might have put up 19 runs, but only had seven hits so it probably had as much to do with Washburn stinking up the joint as Unaka pounding the ball. At Grace yesterday, Grace scored 11 runs but had 15 or 16 hits in four innings. I think Rockwood had one error maybe two, not sure how one was ruled. But the key this time of year is not helping your opponent. At OS Tuesday, the Bobcats had plenty of base runners, but Rockwood didn't make any errors and made routine plays, which led to OS leaving 10 runners stranded.

As far as Grace's bullpen, if you do knock out the starter, they won't actually go to the pen. They will bring in another of their 3 ace starters. That's why they're so dangerous, three arms better than anyone else in the region and a lineup that can crush it. They remind me of the 2004 USJ squad that whipped everybody in the state tournament before getting their title stripped a little later for playing ineligible players.

North Greene didn't really hit the ball that well for the exception of one big inning. Their ace Bailey went all 6 Innings the other night, but dont be surprised if they roll him back around tomorrow. Good fastball probably tops out in the low 80's with a pretty tough curveball when he controls it.First pitch fastball type of pitcher,tends to get wild at times but for the most part has good control. Catcher has very good pop behind the plate,third base is probably their weakest spot on the field not really consistent.Overall hitting wise they are very diciplined and well coached.Dont be surprised if you see squeeze with runners on 1st and 3rd with one or no outs,and they really do a good job of moving runners over.

I think the biggest difference between Unaka and North Greene is Unaka's big sticks just didn't hit the ball last night and it plays a big factor when you have a kid that can go out there and get 9 or 10 k's for you to oppsed to 1 maybe 2 and make your defense have to play alot more in the field. But I think when Unaka is hitting the ball with their big sticks along with the bottom of the order they are tougher than anyone.

One of the best posts I've seen on this site in a long time. To the point with at ton of information.

But you're just using that as an example, right? You wouldn't be insinuating anything, would ya Goose?? ;)

They're all legit.

People....trust me, that unfortunate mistake with Williams will never happen again. I know firsthand how everything is being watched. All the I's are dotted and T's are crossed. You can count on that.

Unaka might have put up 19 runs, but only had seven hits so it probably had as much to do with Washburn stinking up the joint as Unaka pounding the ball. At Grace yesterday, Grace scored 11 runs but had 15 or 16 hits in four innings. I think Rockwood had one error maybe two, not sure how one was ruled. But the key this time of year is not helping your opponent. At OS Tuesday, the Bobcats had plenty of base runners, but Rockwood didn't make any errors and made routine plays, which led to OS leaving 10 runners stranded.

As far as Grace's bullpen, if you do knock out the starter, they won't actually go to the pen. They will bring in another of their 3 ace starters. That's why they're so dangerous, three arms better than anyone else in the region and a lineup that can crush it. They remind me of the 2004 USJ squad that whipped everybody in the state tournament before getting their title stripped a little later for playing ineligible players.

Come on now, this thread was very informative until you had to take a shot.....

I can offer this: The reason Grace hits the ball so well is that they work constantly in the cage. The kids have put in the time and worked on their swings and its paying off big time. I watched a kid one day pound it in batting practice and probably hit half of the pitches over the fence. I said, "Wow, that's very impressive." His reply was, "Anybody can do it, all you have to do is practice." A very humble reply and a very true comment. Put in the time and you will get the results you want. Sounds easy enough but the sacrifice is great.

Good luck to our district brothers, ROCKWOOD, bring it home tomorrow night.

Come on now, this thread was very informative until you had to take a shot.....

I can offer this: The reason Grace hits the ball so well is that they work constantly in the cage. The kids have put in the time and worked on their swings and its paying off big time. I watched a kid one day pound it in batting practice and probably hit half of the pitches over the fence. I said, "Wow, that's very impressive." His reply was, "Anybody can do it, all you have to do is practice." A very humble reply and a very true comment. Put in the time and you will get the results you want. Sounds easy enough but the sacrifice is great.

Good luck to our district brothers, ROCKWOOD, bring it home tomorrow night.

The 2004 USJ squad crushed everybody on their way to the title. Their No. 9 hitter was a freshman that smashed two bombs, one was over a scoreboard in leftcenter that sit 20 feet above the 355-foot sign. Grace reminds of that team. Physically they are huge with only a couple of players that don't look like power hitters.

USJ also had some great pitchers, one that became elible at the state tournament and made his first start against Harriman. He threw low 90s. I don't think Grace has anyone that throws that hard, but they have some above average arms that's for sure.

As far as the getting their title stripped comment, that's a way for people to know which USJ team I was talking about. The Bruins that year were considered by many as one of the top two teams in the state in any classification, public or private. The other great team that year was Farragut with the Waldrop kid pitching that was a No. 1 draft pick if memory serves me.

IMO I'd say that USJ team would beat Grace, but this Grace team reminds me of them and trust me that's a compliment.

The 2004 Harriman team was also very good. Lost only six games that season and three were to USJ, two in the state tournament. I think without USJ that they would have won the state.

Agreed totally Goose... That was one of the best baseball teams that's came out of East Tennessee in 10+ years.. I have not much doubt they would've brought back a gold ball had it not been for USJ, there was so much depth and athelticism for the Big Blue!