Franklin Baseball Opening

IndyEagle09

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will be the new head coach at Franklin?

I heard today from current players that he was asked to resign at the end of the season.

Question now is what coach wants to go work at a school where they have fired a winning football, wrestling, and now baseball coach in one year.

Did Franklin hire Mike Hamilton as the AD?

Careful guys...anything that remotely sounds like an insult to Franklin will get you accused of being particular people supporting particular schools. I made that mistake and was accused of being a Centennial fan, and apparently I coach there too, lol :blink:

And to add my opinion, if I were a coach, I would have to be pretty desperate in my career to take a job at Franklin. I would have to be brand new and willing to take the chance of working there to get a first head coach job, our I would have to have be running from something at another school and wanting to still be a head coach. I just dont see much that would draw a current, successful head coach to go to work in such an environment.

In the past the football coach gets them to the playoffs. Wrestling coach has 2 individual state champions and the baseball coach gets them to the state tournament. Who wants to leave a good coaching/teaching position for what from the outside seems to be a major problem?

Edited by cbg

Careful guys...anything that remotely sounds like an insult to Franklin will get you accused of being particular people supporting particular schools. I made that mistake and was accused of being a Centennial fan, and apparently I coach there too, lol :blink:

And to add my opinion, if I were a coach, I would have to be pretty desperate in my career to take a job at Franklin. I would have to be brand new and willing to take the chance of working there to get a first head coach job, our I would have to have be running from something at another school and wanting to still be a head coach. I just dont see much that would draw a current, successful head coach to go to work in such an environment.

Thanks Taco! :popcorneater:

I don't know why anyone would want this job. The guy leads a team that wasn't even expected to get out of the district to a 26-12 record, district championship, region championship, sectional title, and berth in the state title tournament...and then gets fired (excuse me, "resigned"). I'd be surprised if any legitimate coaches even apply for the opening.

Heard Brown from Page is very interested as well as a couple of assistants from Rutherford Co.

I guess there are some desperate coaches out there.

Also in the rumor mill is that a former coach may make his way back from Texas to take the job.

I heard the same thing about the coach from Texas. The parents hated him the first time he was at Franklin, so what makes him feel it's going to be different this time?

I don't know why anyone would want this job. The guy leads a team that wasn't even expected to get out of the district to a 26-12 record, district championship, region championship, sectional title, and berth in the state title tournament...and then gets fired (excuse me, "resigned"). I'd be surprised if any legitimate coaches even apply for the opening.

And the rest of the story is?

I guess there are some desperate coaches out there.

Stop trashing the Franklin Baseball Program, The Franklin coaching position will be a great opportunity for any baseball coach. Franklin usually has many talented players and great fans. They have a winning tradition, reaching the state tournament four times since expansion, twice as many as Indy and Ravenwood, the only other AAA Williamson county schools to make it that far. Only three programs in the state (AAA) have made it more than four times.

From the little bit of insight that I know, Glover’s resignation was not related to his performance as a baseball coach. Coaching baseball was only one of his jobs at the school, he had other responsibilities that he was accountable for.

Regarding the comments about taking a subpar team to state I saw posted elsewhere, Franklin was going to have a good team this year and was predicted to go far by many. It was no surprise that they won the district and the Region and making it to the sectional game. Going to state may have been considered a surprise by some but it was not out of the realm of possibilities for this team, even before the start of the season. With that being said, Glover did not perform a miracle with this team but he did a good job. They were not subpar but rather a team that had talent, especially with pitching and defense. It was the same pitching staff that got them runner-up status in the district tournament to Indy the year before.