A Highly Touted QB from PA already Grabbed up by Friendship

RUBlind!!!

So what colleges have offered this beast of a QB that has landed in Friendship's lap? What will they do with Swindoll? He is really talented. Are you just gonna have a 6'3 200 backup QB?

Syracuse and UCLA have offered him. Swindoll won't be playing football I don't think. I think he is going to focus getting better at baseball. That doesn't mean he won't decide to play last second. If he does play then I'd say he'll be the TE

You do know that Signal Mountain is public, right? Just want to be sure you stick with your criticism of all the privates. Because we all know that public schools can do no wrong.

I can't speak for Butchie,but my personal stance is not against private schools.I have no problem with the afforementioned QB attending Friendship Christian either,as long as he meets the criteria set by TSSAA.My main issue is with the system as a whole,and the obvious advantage held by one grouping of schools over the other wheather it's exercised or not(not all do).I have developed another"peeve"while debating the first issue...the fact that parents,supporters,staff,ect from the privates seem to view the public school system as trash.Public schools in my area have the same goals as the lofty privates and do well at attaining them,all the while dealing with governmental issues and parental non involvement that your administrators have no knowledge of.My parents,,my wife,both my children and myself graduated from Scotts Hill,and without incident my two(so far)grandchildren will do so beginning in 2026.If you'd care to check(or if it matters)most staff members there are alumni,and can be found in one of the area churches on Sunday.Graduation rates,college participation #'s,comprenhsion and EOC scores are well above state averages,and if your still guessing...I'm very proud of "my" school so please take note;we all know public schools do wrong,but no more than privates.

Edited by tradertwo

You do know that Signal Mountain is public, right? Just want to be sure you stick with your criticism of all the privates. Because we all know that public schools can do no wrong.

Did I Say Signal Was Private?...Did I Say Lee Harvey Went To Friendship Christian?..Don't Read Into What I Say...Just Read It! :roflol:

you can go to the website :http://foundationcenter.org/findfunders/990finder/

this is a site that shows non profit organizations & has the Form 990 that is filed with the IRS. when you get to this link, type in the nonprofit, such as Friendship Christian School. Then it will take you to a list of the 990 forms that have been filed. the latest filing is for 5/31/2011. on page 10 it shows expenses that includes over $128,000 in scholarships. also if you continue looking thru the form it shows all assets for the organization along with other interesting items.

So, FCS along with most of all the private schools do give financial aid to students. You are correct the athletes are not supposed to get any of the financial aid if they are in D1, but can in DII. There are ways to circumvent these rules, just check into the private christian school in Madison, TN (another story for another day). IMHO all the private schools should be in the DII.

+1 friend request sent. roflolk.gif