QB Transfer from PA higly touted by D1 Schools already nabbed by FCS

RUBlind!!!

Is the recruiting done by FCS illegal? Then why do "a lot of folks" choose not to talk to the TSSAA about it? Being a fan of a public that gets the R word slung at it a lot I am skeptical of such talk. In this age of information it is more difficult to sweep these activities under the rug so get your proof out here.

Recruiting, like conspiracy, is dang tough to prove, unless you got video or audio evidence, and that ain't gonna happen.

T$$AA don't even care to investigate most instances of ineligibility, even when they are provided with names, addresses, and dates. As long as the money flows, that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) ain't gonna go after anybody until he is absolutely pressured into it by key individuals.:evil:

Recruiting, like conspiracy, is dang tough to prove, unless you got video or audio evidence, and that ain't gonna happen.

T$$AA don't even care to investigate most instances of ineligibility, even when they are provided with names, addresses, and dates. As long as the money flows, that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) ain't gonna go after anybody until he is absolutely pressured into it by key individuals.:evil:

like key individuals from the valley?! :roflol:

Most of us in our former region know that several former Wilson Central and Lebanon players mysteriously disappeared and ended up playing at FCS. Pretty sorry to be hiding out in the publics in 2A when you are playing with recruited 6A boys. Go play with the big boys at Ensworth if you want to get any respect round here.

Amen brother!

Yall kill me with this recruiting mess. Of course we recruit! Is it cheating? No! We're a private school and you gotta keep kids coming into the school and the only way to do that is to recruit! We have to put up billboards and things of that nature to get people interested in out school. A parent will see that and say "Maybe I should look into sending my son/daughter there" they call the school and the school says "We have a great school Blah Blah Blah, it will cost you 8000 a year and he/she needs to take an entrance exam and then we have have them enrolled." Yes thats recruiting and yes thats legal. Yall act like coach McNeal calls up an athlete and says hey come here I'll get ya in for free lol. No that doesn't happen. Every student there pays full tuition unless they are on whatever its called where you don't have to pay full price, and then that means they are ineligible to participate in high school sports. We had a freshman my senior year that was on it and he plays all 3 sports and couldnt participate in any of them because of it. All these athletes that seem to "disappear" from public schools all come to FCS for various reasons and none of them are because we cheat to get them there. Many come because parents are not happy with the situation at the public school. Most parents send their kids to FCS because of the education. Also you see many kids come because of the success FCS has had in sports and actually win instead of going to WCHS and Lebanon and going 2-8 or 1-9 every year in football. If you want to talk about recruiting though then go to the privates vs. publics board. No I don't think we cheat and no i don't think anything done for the community is nullified. It is amazing to see the impacts you can have on people's lives for doing just the tiniest amount of work for them. Even though you may not appreciate it, there are people who do and that is what makes it all worth it.

AMEN...everybody knows what goes on..But I must say the best recruiting tool is the kids..might not be in this case but it happens all the time

Commanderman, just a side note on what you said. First keep in mind, im not attacking FCS. I respect what they do and feel like they follow the rules for the most part. However, every athlete there does NOT play full tuition. Over half the football team is on the work study program or whatever they call it which is perfectly legal. It does discount there tuition though.

Commanderman, just a side note on what you said. First keep in mind, im not attacking FCS. I respect what they do and feel like they follow the rules for the most part. However, every athlete there does NOT play full tuition. Over half the football team is on the work study program or whatever they call it which is perfectly legal. It does discount there tuition though.

enlighten us on the ins & outs of this work study program, please.

does it apply to all sports? is such a large % of other student/athletes on this program? if it does discount tuition, how much? is the discount multiplied for participation in multiple sports?

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, but I just graduated in 2011 and I'm 100% positive that all the athletes who are eligible for high school sports pay 8000 dollars to go there. I played on the football team and I know for a fact that what you are saying is not true.

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, but I just graduated in 2011 and I'm 100% positive that all the athletes who are eligible for high school sports pay 8000 dollars to go there. I played on the football team and I know for a fact that what you are saying is not true.

impresssive, how did you gain access to everyones private finacial records? :unsure: