Viking Pride 2012

THSFather

Glad to hear the improvement at THS, it was hard to hear the blunders of last year. I still have yet to understand why the dropping of Sullivan East and Johnson County was done. If anything, Sullivan East has a better facility...yes, Johnson County's stadium is that bad...and two, travel cost is amplified. I digress.

I do think the offensive abilities of Dobyns-Bennett is being under estimated here, and I don't understand why you assume Science Hill and Jefferson County to be a loss and DB to be an upset win.

DB 41, THS 14

DB 49, SHHS 6 THS 31, SHHS 28

DB 28, JHHS 3

DB 46, THS 10

DB 47, SHHS 14 SHHS 35, THS 7

DB 37, JCHS 14 JHHS 38, THS 24

Yes, I do understand that the rosters of all teams have changed, though I do know the skill players at DB have been much the same over the past two seasons and will return for their final season this year. The line is a question mark, as it always is, on both sides of the ball. We did graduate key defensive spots, but I do believe those holes will be filled adequatley in the upcoming season.

I do look forward to an improved THS, here is to hopping the Bogg way resignates into more wins. It was hard to swallow the Virginia High loss, especially since they lost to lowly John Battle the very next week. And from a Dobyns-Bennett fan, get ole Jefferson County. It always feels good to see them lose...in football anyway.

And by the way, what is the status on getting a synthetic surface in the Castle? Stadium improvements in the Castle?

Appreciate the updates, keep them coming.

Tennessee High did not drop Sullivan East. East dropped Tenn High.

Tenn High did not drop Johnson County. We actually added Johnson County to replace the void of the east game.

Tenn High DID choose the drop Greeneville, and GHS void was filled by picking up Jefferson county for two years.

Turf in The Castle is a wish list of several, but it is not a done deal.

I do not recall the website where I got the data, but the numbers of students per school I found for the 2011-12 school year were:

1. Science Hill 2565

2. Jeff County 2163

3. Dobyns Bennett 1881

4. David Crocket 1381

5. Dabiel Boone 1289

Tennessee High 1247

6. Volunteer 1174

7. Sullivan South 1080

8. Sullivan Central 1036

9. Virginia High 919

10.Johnson County 697

Returning Starters:

Defense: 8

Offense: 7

Virginia High's around 670 or so.

Edited by swvafan

• 2 weeks later...

How are the Vikings feeling about their season opener against Johnson County?

Confident, but not over confident. Our boys learned a tough lesson last year about taking a smaller school for granted. However, speaking strictly as a parent, I like my Longhorn Steaks medium rare. :)

How are the Vikings feeling about their season opener against Johnson County?

Confident, but not over confident. Our boys learned a tough lesson last year about taking a smaller school for granted. However, speaking strictly as a parent, I like my Longhorn Steaks medium rare. :)

Haha touché, THSFather!