what are your prediction for division2 in 2003

Guest hardingbaseball

Guest Hotmoose

Father Ryan will have a good team coming back, but so will everyone else in this division. FRHS lost their only good pitcher in noodle, and that freshman kid is a fluke. Brentwood Academy only graduated one senior in michael jacobs. BGA was the youngest team in the entire division last year and i believe they will be bringing back as many starters as BA.MBA also has a strong junior and senior class coming back with Pettus and Fisher, but they also lost a handful of seniors.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hotmoose

Brentwood Academy will have its toughest schedule in the history of the school. They lost one great player in Michael Jacobs last year but that was it. There should be a great battle for many starting positions with many talented players coming up such as JP Wilcher, Steven Burris, Josh Butler, Hunter Mize and Kyle Willis. Their pitching staff will be the same as last year with Pete Compton, 6'6 215 heading them up, and sophomore sensations Steven Burris returning along with Jonathan Heard and Andrew Hogin. The meat of the lineup will be the same as last year with young shortstop, Andrew Nickerson most likely moving to the leadoff spot. He is a switch hitter who has more power from the left side. The only question in the lineup will be at the catching position. This void will be filled by either Chad Fuson, if he comes out this year, Steven Burris, or Josh Butler.

I agree with hotmoose. This year there will be no favorite untill the games are actually being played. Then maybe you will be able to tell who the better team is. Since i play for BA i have to go for them but i think that it is a team full of average players and we could be really good if a couple players step up. If not we will be a .500 team.

I'll agree that this year will be tough to determine who'll end up region champs in teh middle region, nonetheless who'll end up on top in the state. But you can't forget about hte irish. The did lose 5 starters which is very very tough to make up for. The do have teh best pitcher in the state for D-II with Will Myers. THey also have 2 of the best hitters with Dylan Lynch and Ben Petsch. This team also works very very hard and they have the best coach in middle tennessee. Good luck to all this year.

Father Ryan is still loaded. Even with the loss of 5 starters, they have several players stepping up. Will "Lidellius" Myers is without a doubt the best pitcher in DII and maybe in any classification. Belmont signee Ben Petsch is a very good defender/hitting catcher. IF Dylan "DMoney" Lynch is the best defender in the state and reminds me each day of Jeff Blauser. Ryan Nichting is a solid lefty pitcher that when is feeling it, cannot be touched. Middle Reliever Chad Wilgenbusch has some nasty stuff as well. Look for super juniors Josh Kemph and Jake Barnes to step up and fill the holes in the outfield and in the batting order. Sophomore Closer Sean "Jimmy" Vinett has been clocked at 94 mph and will close every game flawlessly. Josh Stewart, brother of superstar catcher Zach Stewart at Overton, is the most fundamentally sound player in years and can hit the ball really well. This is just a taste of what's to come. As for BA and having a tough schedule, who cares. Boughetto.

I am sure Father Ryan will have a good team but your are forgetting CBHS which I bebieve has won the Div 11 State three out of the last four years. They also won the State AAA the year before the split. They will be loaded for years to come. They recruit and solicit athletes very agressively for their baseball team. Ironically, this has hurt their football team. They have many great athletes that only play baseball when they could play both sports. Their baseball coach is in charge of fund raising at the school and most financial aid goes towards basesball. That is hard to compete against. Their pitching will be young but I assure you they will be good. They have a great freshman class coming in; many of which played on the Memphis Tigers 14's which won the AABC World Series. They had a record of around 82-2. The only team to beat them was East Cobb in Georgia. Their JV last year was better than most high school teams in this area. They are essentially an All Star team. Do I think this is fair? No! But welcome to Div 11 AAA Baseball. Every year for the last several; they have had numerous Div 1 college signings as well as players drafted. In Private Schools in Memphis, every year ECS is competitive, but if their are other teams in the State that can play with CBHS I salute you.

there is no way that father ryan will repeat, their own players even admit that. i think you will see bga and ba duking it out in D-II this year followed by mba. I think bga and ba will meet at the state championship in memphis this year. bga will have some sluggers in the lineup this year. and their pitching staff could be one of the deepest in the midstate. pete compton is so far from being a dominant pitcher. HE is a very mediocre high school pitcher, give me a break, he will get lit up in D-2 play this year