what are your prediction for division2 in 2003

Guest hardingbaseball

One thing if for sure the best pitcher in D 2 this year is BGA's sophmore Logan Lovell. He had an ERA of 1.10 last year as a freshman. he alson has an impresive fast ball that has been clocked at 88mph. He has a curve ball that drops off the table as well. He is being recruited by miami, flordia state, and rice unversity this early in his career. while going to one of the toughest private schools in the state he is maintianing a academic GPA of 3.8.He is one o watch this year as he lights up D2 with his flaming fastball and killer instict for the game.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really hope that your joking about that freshman at bga...i can name 10 pitchers more talented than him, and no one but mark prior has ever been recruited after their freshman year. keep an open mind on this thing and don't just babble on only about your school. bga will have a mediocre team with some talented juniors, but from what i saw last year, they will not be at the top of their region, let alone state.

as for cbhs...from what i saw when i pitched against them last year in the substate, they were the best team in the state last year, we just happened to catch them on a bad night. although they lost their gtech signee pitcher, and very strong and talented shortstop, so i don't know what this year holds for them. from what i remember last year though is reading their progman before our game and seeing a lot of junior and sophomore starters and varsity players, so i seems like they will have a pretty talented team against this year. schools across the state need to balance their program like cbhs, they seem to have a new very good class of seniors year after year.

FRHS...the only talent i see them losing is noodle...although any team he would've been on last year would've won state. Will myers is one of the best in DII, and ben petcsh, nichting, and josh kemph are very experenced talented players to. that sophomore vinnett is not all he's cracked up to be though, he's overrated and all he has a very straight fastball. but i do see them having another very good team this year, and finishing top 3 in the state if not a repeat. after this year, however, their talent takes a dive.

This is BA's glory year. they are starting 7 seniors this year if a remember and 3 of their top pitchers are seniors as well. but most of the guys just focus their atheletics on football, so i'm not even sure if all of their talent is goin to play this year, like chad fuson. but pete compton is a very smart pitcher, and should do well for them this year. i see them making it to the substate just like last year, and maybe a little farther....but just like frhs, after this year...they are desperate for talent.

after reading logan's nonsense i'm not even going to consider bga to be a cotender, because in truth they're not. they have a very emdiocre team with a decent junior glass with greer. your statement about the pitching staff makes me laugh. they're only respectable pitcher is bubis, yes he's good, but he has his flaws. teir best asset is their field, and they have pretty good defense besides their pitching, and proffit is a good catcher, i used to play with him, and a good guy. bu no logan, yout pitching staff is amateur and your team may have another year of stuggling.if anything you and ba will e duking it out fr 3rd place.

as for my MBA team, we are stacked with juniors. the only player we'll realy miss is obviously warner jones, but he really didn't play that well all of las year anyway. with fisher, pettus, santi, french, sayles, ad langlois returning, we have 6 starters back. with transfer richard jacques from cpa, our picthing staff will consist completely with juniors (pettus, french, jacques, and wylie jones). we should have a very quality team this year, if not better than last year, returning almost everyone respectable from a team last year that was one big win away from the championship.

order of finish

1.frhs/mba

2.frhs/mba

3.ba

4.bga

oh and logan, please don't say that your school is one of the hardest in the state, that makes me laugh at the stubborness of your students, and how you have no understanding of any other school other than your own.

[Edited by BigRed3 on 11-21-02 6:57P]

[Edited by BigRed3 on 11-21-02 7:04P]

bigred3, first off bga has a lot better players than just greer,hes probably not their best player anyways, hunter profitt didnt even bat .280 genius, the other 8 starters batted higher than him he even batted 8,9 in thenlineup, yeah hes a great guy, but you dont know what youre talking about, and are you stupid, Father Ryan loses not only noodle, but BIG all region pat mcbride their power hitter and their SS, and a number of other seniors, so youdefinitely have not done your research.

I first would want to say one thing, if anyone is going to have a mediocre team this year it will definatley be MBA. First off they lost their only two players that had any worth last year other than scott pettus. Players like Michael Fisher, Tom Santi, and Sales are very much overrated.And BIGRED3 before you make anymore stupid comments you should check the novermber 12 recruiting edition of Southern Highschool Sports. There is page long collumn on that frshman pitcher from Battle Ground Academy, Logan Lovell. If the author of the recent collum posted on this website who goes by the name Bigred3 even plays baseball he will get to see up front what this years baseball team will be like over at BGA, in my opinion it will be alot like this years football game between the two teams, total domination by BGA.

If anything is true about BGA's baseball tam this year other then he total domination that will take place on the field between them and the "Little Red" of Mamma's boy academy its the skill and killer instinct of Senior Wes Benefield. Other than brushing up on his game he has also backed on 20 pounds and added 70 pounds to his bench press.

Look for him to light up D-II this year with BIG BAT,play at shortstop, and decisive pitching ability.

year. everyone on our team thinks wes is a joke, and i'm basing my knowledge on proffit from playing with him and pitching against him last year. he was the only hitter on that team that seemed consistent other than the one senior you had, whom ya'll will miss dearly, powell i think is his name. i don't see the basis of your arguement that you will have a good team, when you had by far the worste record in the region last year. logan i did not mention ryan's lose of arminnio, mcbride, and clunan because they were not very good players and their returning players will fill in nicely for them.

i play on the varsity baseball team since freshman year and i guarantee that this year is our best yet. we have more talent than you, ezperience than you, and we will beat you again just like we did all 3 times last year. the only respectable player on your team is brandon bubis, and your coach is a genious i'll give you that, so ride his talent as long as you can, and maybe you'll @@@@ up more than 2 wins in the region this year. get back out of the celar of the middle region, then come talk to me...

[Edited by footballer on 11-22-02 12:30P]