what are your prediction for division2 in 2003

Guest hardingbaseball

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the team that wins state this year will come from the east....they have Baylor who placed 2nd last year and McCallie who usually has a competitive team and now Webb has emerged as a good team in that region also and have 7 starters returning to a team that finished 4th in the state

Posted by dpg123:

are u serious??? every game a battle?? if every game was a battle, then FR had no trouble ending it after losing only one D-II game all of last year. they will have no trouble this year repeating as region champs.

Don't be too sure my friend. Ryan lost some good players to graduation and BA, MBA, and BGA will all be imroved this year. Should be a very competitive season.

Most of the middle region contests really were close last year. I believe all three of Ryan's wins in the MBA regular season series came in the seventh inning, including one where the Irish overcame an 8-4 deficit. Three of the four BGA games were competitive; one went 10 innings. BA managed to take one game.

Yes, Ryan was clearly the class of the region and, for that matter, the state in 2002. However, the other teams were not that far behind and will be improved. Should be an interesting spring!

Most every game was close last season, regardless of FR's

potential, or any of the other team's potential.........

anything can happen in baseball.....the odds, however are

limited with over-powering pitching on the mound.

The Compton kid from BA may be such a pitcher this year.

I'm always amazed at how the outcome of a game is influenced

by the coach, the team's discipline, and a few "scratched out" runs.....

:(:x

I think Baylor is tough but with a great pitcher like Ryan Moore at McCallie, and a strong team behind him, McCallie will be in the battle, as always. In the region finals, I predict that Moore throws a one- hitter, hits a home run, double and single for 5 RBIs as McCallie beats Baylor 6-0 :rolleyes::)

[Edited by AGGSL on 11-1-02 5:15P]

i agree with you on the scratched out concept....even though i pull for the irish, there is no doubt we would do well to get where we did last year....i agree with the more open minded writers in this thread...it will be anyone's tourney....go irish.....and watch out for lady irish softball