Coming to America

MountainTroll

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long before a "Quest for the Gold Ball" continues that this becomes a full scholarship team? I have already heard the rumblings from parents paying full tuition that are upset about their kids not being able to see the field because of the "scholarship" atheletes.

These rumblings go on at every school.

I agree there is rumbling at every school. I think baylor has some of the best coaches in the state and you have to trust they will put the best players on the field regardless if they receive aid or not.

and even though the parents that pay full tuition most likely would not agree, thats the way it should be.

also notice I did say aid, not scholarship.

I hope the River Rats recruit more studs from around the state, nation, and world.

Maybe more of my Mountain boys will decide to save their money, stay on the Mountain, and play for the Eagles.redthumb.gif

baylor has already contacted me and offered scholarship's for my unborn children, troll. talk about a farm system!!! :roflol:

Hey I agree with the troll. I also think that would be a good thing, they do need to stay on the mountain and play. McCallie has already gotten one of East Ham top 8th graders. I really do not have a problem with kids going to Baylor or McCallie, if they want to, its there choice. But what hurts, is when a kid at Baylor who has been there since 6th grade, and now is a upcomming 10th grader, and is a 6'4 195LBS QB, and really did well at Fla State camp. will he take a back seat to the kid comming in from up North that's what sucks. This happens a lot.... Sorry Troll I was kind of hard on ya..... My wife thinks I am an idiot too.

I hope the River Rats recruit more studs from around the state, nation, and world.

Maybe more of my Mountain boys will decide to save their money, stay on the Mountain, and play for the Eagles.redthumb.gif

cane that is tough but competition makes everyone better. if more parents would not teach the kids to run from competition all would be better. at the next level there will be a new qb brought in every year maybe more than one.

I have heard the kid thats there is doing well too. if this is true work hard this summer and give it all to get the job. if you get beat out continue to work hard be a great teammate and realize your only one play away from the job.

cane that is tough but competition makes everyone better. if more parents would not teach the kids to run from competition all would be better. at the next level there will be a new qb brought in every year maybe more than one.

I have heard the kid thats there is doing well too. if this is true work hard this summer and give it all to get the job. if you get beat out continue to work hard be a great teammate and realize your only one play away from the job.

Can't argue with anything you say.

The problem is that this is most of these guys' last chance to play football, while the hot shot recruits have many Saturdays to look forward to.

Oh well ... nobody ever said that life is fair.:blush:

Hey I agree with the troll. I also think that would be a good thing, they do need to stay on the mountain and play. McCallie has already gotten one of East Ham top 8th graders. I really do not have a problem with kids going to Baylor or McCallie, if they want to, its there choice. But what hurts, is when a kid at Baylor who has been there since 6th grade, and now is a upcomming 10th grader, and is a 6'4 195LBS QB, and really did well at Fla State camp. will he take a back seat to the kid comming in from up North that's what sucks. This happens a lot.... Sorry Troll I was kind of hard on ya..... My wife thinks I am an idiot too.

pfft, didn't notice