Cloudland and PV

pujo

We needed that game and you can believe it will make us better. We won by 20 and never came close to playing our best ball.The game was never in doubt,22-0 before you scored,28-12 at halftime.You got the ball first in the second half and we stopped you,we then went up 36 to 12.We only passed to work on it a little while we had a big lead.The difference in Cloudland and Powell is this.We were not happy with a 20 point victory and you guys seem to think you won.Believe me we will be a better team the rest of the year because of this game and it couldn't have came at a better time.Your bunch had better get this game out of their heads and everyone better quit telling them they won or they might just get another moral victory this week.You people are disillusioned,you will probably be number 1 in the fan poll again this week,after a lopsided lose,GET REAL YOU LOST

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"We won by 20 and never came close to playing our best ball.The was never in doubt,"

So if someone comes close to playing with Cloudland then Cloudland is not playing good. Thats interesting..., so if they loose a (and I am saying if they loose) it was not that they are beat by the other team, the Highlanders loose the by just not playing well...it has nothing to do with the other team being good! WOW! I am glad you pointed that out to everyone on here. So everyone remember, if you play with Cloudland then its not you doing good, its them doing bad.

Oh if PV is number one again on the fan poll, dosen't that just prove that PV fans are supporting their team. Its called PV Pride! I really don't think PV fans or any fans are putting more into the "fan" poll than it really means. By the way, most PV fans have pride, not arrogance like some on here. You want a dillusion, look at the AP poll, Cloudland is number one.

Any coach in the world can tell you its hard to stay focused every game.Some of you said we had no respect for your football team,guess what ,they hit the nail on the head.As coaches you can try to tell your guys,they are a heck of a team and we'll have to play our best to win,but at the same time,the only thing these boys can remember is a 44 to 6 thrashing from the year before,its pretty hard to sell.You were a little better than we expected and thus only lost by 20.Cloudland is going in full pads today for the first time this year on Monday.Mistakes have to be corrected if we are to compete in the playoffs.You can be proud of you're performance if you want to but we did'nt like ours.We will be a better team come Thursday or we will get beat because we are playing a much better team than Powell Valley.I don't think you have a chance in the world but I would LOVE to meet you in week three of the playoffs at Cloudland.Lets see what you've got.By the way,we earn our rankings with wins and we are not disillusioned .Ezell beat the tar out of us with a heck of a team and they still deserve the number one ranking.I see things clearly.We don't vote in the AP poll.Our goal is to win the state ,what yours.

You have to walk a fine line between what you fell like you need todo from what is in all actaulity the best team. As a fan i would like to see you vote what you really think is the best team. As a sportswritter or journalist i understand you have to support not only the home team, but also to you know the other guys from those other areas are gonna do the same.

Ezell is probably the best team up till 4a that i have seen or heard about but id vote with my heart as well so noone here really blames you. All that gets worked out by the kids anyways.

Posted by pujo:

Some of you said we had no respect for your football team,guess what ,they hit the nail on the head.QUOTE>

That statement makes me SICK ! You should be ASHAMED of YOURSELF for throwing these boy's on the field into this !!!;)

You get on here & haved cried like a baby saying that Powell Valley "paid the ref's".............Just what kind of a person are YOU ?? We heard enough of that "excuse" as YOUR fans were leaving Powell Valley ! It's the ADULTS on here thats going back & forth with each other. They are the one's who "can't let it go"..........

If ANYBODY is "disillusioned" it's YOU & your belief we paid the ref's. That has bothered me more than anything else that has been said about Powell Valley. It is a SHAME !! Grown adults, who know better, getting on here acting/saying things that just are NOT true !

Hate to burst your bubble but we haven't cried over last year NOR are we crying now ! WE ARE PROUD OF OUR TEAM !!! They have improved alot since last year & have worked very hard to get there. Then YOU get on here & TRY to tear them apart & take things away from them ! Much to your dismay, NOBODY is telling OUR team they won ! We do not live in a state of "illusion & dreams". They have EARNED their RESPECT & they do NOT need, have asked, or want yours !

Much to your dismay.....How Powell Valley played spoke for itself. 28-12 at halftime.........44-24 final..........

Are we proud of them ? YES, WE ARE ! Do we think "if" given the opportunity we could do better ? YES, WE DO ! Is the team even more motivated ? YES, THEY ARE ! :)

So, you speak for yourself & STOP PUTTING NON-SENSE WORDS IN THE MOUTHS OF POWELL VALLEY's FANS !!!! We speak for ourselves & do NOT put blame where there isn't any.

You get REAL ! You got more than what you bargained for & THAT IS WHATS TEARING YOU APART ! Who is it that can't let go ? Seems to be YOU !

A nice post was made Friday night after the game by an adult fan of Powell Valley's.......but the "obsession" of "paid ref's" have turned it into this !

I spoke to some adult Cloudland fans after the game who were nice & respected our team. We also have respect for Cloudland's team. Every football player on that field deserves respect & to be supported by their fans. But this bashing of teams by adults on this board have to STOP !

The season isn't over. Nobody knows who will go where. I don't see anything written in stone..........

But I will say this............. "IF" Powell Valley pulls it out & makes it to see you in the third round.............. Don't blame what happens on the REF'S !!

"IF" Greenback makes it to see you..........Pour it on Cherokee's !

GO INDIANS !!!!!!!!! :):):):)

[Edited by IndiansMom on 10-21-02 1:04P]

EastTnsportsWriter:

Thanks you for the votes, we do appreciate it. I understand where you are coming from, but what I said on the post earlier was intended for pujo. I was just blowing off some steam. But, you need to work on your writing skills there mister sports writer! Also, you need to take some anger managment classes. Pujo, shutup!

They were just trying to keep the game a little closer.I never said anyone paid anyone.I have no anger,its some of your fans who need a little help,spitting and fussing with little kids,drawing knives on people,throwing rocks through your opposition,s bus.The refs might have feared for their lives.You stated in an earlier post that you figured someone would say something about the calls.Whatever made you think that,was it the SIX flags in a row that give it away.I think nearly everyone of your penalties were personal fouls.TEMPER TEMPER

I'm the kind of person that tells it like it was and if you are sick,go see a doctor.This football board won,t cure you.It's probably only going make your condiction worse.We take it to heart when people spit at our team and also when we are told to take our dogs to the vet,act with respect and people will treat you with some.

Posted by pujo:

They were just trying to keep the game a little closer.I never said anyone paid anyone.I have no anger,its some of your fans who need a little help,spitting and fussing with little kids,drawing knives on people,throwing rocks through your opposition,s bus.The refs might have feared for their lives.You stated in an earlier post that you figured someone would say something about the calls.Whatever made you think that,was it the SIX flags in a row that give it away.I think nearly everyone of your penalties were personal fouls.TEMPER TEMPER

No.......it wasn't the six flags.......It was the POST MADE BY CLOUDLAND CRYING OVER IT AND SAYING "PAID REF"S"........

If you want to start throwing up our "bad boy rep".....Start with the A's and work thru to Z........There is NO "Angel School's" out there who hasn't had some sort of crap go on...........

Oh..........Let's start picking at straws.......We don't have a LIFE & have NOTHING BETTER TO DO !!!!!!!!!!!

GO INDIANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

Posted by pujo:

I'm the kind of person that tells it like it was and if you are sick,go see a doctor.This football board won,t cure you.It's probably only going make your condiction worse.We take it to heart when people spit at our team and also when we are told to take our dogs to the vet,act with respect and people will treat you with some.

We take it to heart when we are accused of paying off ref's too !

You wouldn't know respect if it walked up & smacked you in the face ! Your definition of respect is as long as things go YOUR way & everybody AGREES with YOU.

Show me where anyone has said you paid the refs.I said they tried to keep the game respectable.We had umpteen holding calls,you had none.Do you think thats reasonable.On film it shows your receivers holding every time you ran the ball.You call it home cooking.The calls really did'nt help you anyway.They were not called at critical points in the game.Just kept it from getting anymore out of hand and maybe they were smart for doing this.I had never really give it any thought but some of your nuts might have done something real stupid as they have in the past .GOOD JOB STRIPES.Probably the reasom for the extra official.THANKS.I for one am glad we will never have to take our KIDS to such a place as this again.

WHY WOULD WE HOLD WHEN WE CAN KNOCK #70 BIG BUTT ON THE GROUND AND LET HIM FLOP AROUND LIKE A HALF-DEAD CAT. ALL THIS IS PARENTS GOING AT WITH EACH OTHER AND IT GAINS NO RESPECT. I RESPECT ALL THE KIDS FROM CLOUDLAND, AND I HOPE THEY RESPECT OUR TEAM NOW. YOUR OFFENSIVE LINE HELD EVERY TIME AND YOU CAN SEE IT ON FILM. MAYBE IT SHOULDVE BEEN CALLED MORE IN THE 1ST HALF. THE REFS COULD HAVE KEPT IT CLOSE IF THEY WANTED TO....I DONT THINK 20 POINTS IS CLOSE. IF THEY WANTED IT CLOSE THEY WOULDVE HAVE COUNTED LOZA'S TD IN THE BACK OF THE ENDZONE. WHY DONT YOU GROW UP? CLOUDLAND WON SO QUIT YOUR CRYING..MOST OF YOUR THREADS ARE NONSENSE. I'M GLAD TO SAY THAT NOT EVERYBODY FROM UP THERE IS LIKE YOU..AT LEAST NOT THE PLAYERS. WHAT ABOUT YOUR CROWD YELLING HUTT..HUTT...FROM THE STANDS..I DIDNT THINK THAT WAS LEGAL, REFS COULD HAVE CALLED THAT B/C I HEARD IT.

EASTTNSPORTSWRITER...WHY DONT YOU VOTE FOR THE BEST INSTEAD OF YOUR HOME TEAM....