T$$AA is at it again

GDIAB

Sometimes you just have to wonder what the folks at T$$AA are smoking. In their most recent proposal to change back to 5 classifications they have the regions for 1A football all acrewed up. Moore County would be moved to region 3 which means all of their region games except one would be on the other side of Mount Eagle mountain, some in the eastern time zone. Here is the link if you haven't seen it.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120613/SPORTS07/306130136/2072/SPORTS

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes you just have to wonder what the folks at T$AA are smoking. In their most recent proposal to change back to 5 classifications they have the regions for 1A football all acrewed up. Moore County would be moved to region 3 which means all of their region games except one would be on the other side of Mount Eagle mountain, some in the eastern time zone. Here is the link if you haven't seen it.

http://www.tennessea...136/2072/SPORTS

What region would you prefer to be in?

What region would you prefer to be in?

As far as travel and history is concerned I would say ....Region 6: Collinwood, Columbia Acad., Cornersville, Eagleville, Mt. Pleasant, Perry Co., Richland, Summertown, Wayne Co.

MC has played most of these teams for years. I don't think anyone wants to travel over the mountain and into a different time zone every other week. Some of the region 6 games might be as far away, but at least in the same time zone. I'm sure that other regions are messed up too.

Hopefully they just leave it alone and fine tune the current system.

I agree. If coaches and fans around the state would stop whining all the time about the playoff system being too complicated the TSSAA wouldn't be having this discussion anyway. The coaches who are being babies better be careful or they may just get what they want, and they will find out they really don't want it at all.

I agree. If coaches and fans around the state would stop whining all the time about the playoff system being too complicated the TSSAA wouldn't be having this discussion anyway. The coaches who are being babies better be careful or they may just get what they want, and they will find out they really don't want it at all.

Spot on comment!

Besides, the current playoff format is not too complicated. You have to be able to read, and understand what you read. Everything is decided on the field.

Who exactly do you think is getting these big $$$ you keep referring to, and do you think this organization could be run at no cost?

These are the percentages of final gate receipts given back to the state associations for a HS play-off game.

Georgia 12%

Florida 25%

South Carolina 20%

North Carolina 25%

Kentucky 0%

Virginia 35%

Louisiana 10%

TENNESEE AND T$$AA--50%

I understand that it takes money to run an organization, but why can all of these states operate with those percentages and TN is the highest by far???

This is why TSSAA is accused of being a money hungary organization. The numbers speak for themselves.

Edited by Hater1

The problem is that if a 1a team has to play 4 2a teams, 3 3a teams, a 4a and 6a teams, it effects how they get seeded in the playoffs. That put South Pittsburg at 8 -2 losing to a 4a team that could probably beat any team in 1a to 3a and lost in triple ot by a 3-0 score to a 10 - 0 GCA team that also beat CAK but was not playoff eligible due to probation. Not only did SP not get a bye for the 1st round, they had to go on the road in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds just to make it to the title game. That broke the travel record set by the 1985 Pirate team. So yes, the system is just a little complicated. They didn't even know what quad they would endup in until after game 10.