T$$AA is at it again

GDIAB

I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW ALCOA IS GETTING PUT IN WITH SCHOOLS THAT ARE NO WHERE CLOSE TO THERE TALENT, AE IS DOWN AND YES GRACE IS GOING TO BE GOOD BUT ALCOA IS ALCOA A TEAM THAT COMPETES WITH MARYVILLE EVERY YEAR I KNOW IS ABOUT SCHOOL SIZE WHERE YOU GET PLACED BUT SOME OF ITS GOT TO BE ABOUT COMPETITION

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the percentages of final gate receipts given back to the state associations for a HS play-off game.

Georgia 12%

Florida 25%

South Carolina 20%

North Carolina 25%

Kentucky 0%

Virginia 35%

Louisiana 10%

TENNESEE AND T$$AA--50%

I understand that it takes money to run an organization, but why can all of these states operate with those percentages and TN is the highest by far???

This is why TSSAA is accused of being a money hungary organization. The numbers speak for themselves.

Sickem....Old Pirate says with all that money & still the officials are terrible game in, game out,week in, week out, season in, season out. Recon those is proof enough fellers.

These are the percentages of final gate receipts given back to the state associations for a HS play-off game.

Georgia 12%

Florida 25%

South Carolina 20%

North Carolina 25%

Kentucky 0%

Virginia 35%

Louisiana 10%

TENNESEE AND T$$AA--50%

I understand that it takes money to run an organization, but why can all of these states operate with those percentages and TN is the highest by far???

This is why TSSAA is accused of being a money hungary organization. The numbers speak for themselves.

Membership fees top out at $250. I'd expect that is low compared to other states. Would you want to pay a $1000 fee yearly and have playoff ticket percentage lowered?

The problem is that if a 1a team has to play 4 2a teams, 3 3a teams, a 4a and 6a teams, it effects how they get seeded in the playoffs. That put South Pittsburg at 8 -2 losing to a 4a team that could probably beat any team in 1a to 3a and lost in triple ot by a 3-0 score to a 10 - 0 GCA team that also beat CAK but was not playoff eligible due to probation. Not only did SP not get a bye for the 1st round, they had to go on the road in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds just to make it to the title game. That broke the travel record set by the 1985 Pirate team. So yes, the system is just a little complicated. They didn't even know what quad they would endup in until after game 10.

I don't see such a big problem in not knowing the playoff opponents. In basketball you don't know who you play in the region tournament until the districts are over, same in other sports except football. In college sports nobody has any idea of their NCAA basketball tournament opponents until "selection Sunday".

I don't see such a big problem in not knowing the playoff opponents. In basketball you don't know who you play in the region tournament until the districts are over, same in other sports except football. In college sports nobody has any idea of their NCAA basketball tournament opponents until "selection Sunday".

I didn't say anything about not knowing the opponents. However, in basketball, you do not what district and region you are in at the beginning of the season. Plus, the NCAA system rewards teams that play stiffer competition usually. What I was describing was how the brackets ended up in the 2 eastern quads in 1a. 1a can't play down in the regular season like 3a teams do and get rewarded for it when they win.

Edited by rlh

Membership fees top out at $250. I'd expect that is low compared to other states. Would you want to pay a $1000 fee yearly and have playoff ticket percentage lowered?

How long have you been employed by T$$AA? I bet the other states don't pay a thousand dollars a year for membership either. T$$AA has to make a lot of money when you consider all the play-offs for all sports.

How long have you been employed by T$AA? I bet the other states don't pay a thousand dollars a year for membership either. T$AA has to make a lot of money when you consider all the play-offs for all sports.

you'll have to excuse indian's over zealous defense of the t$$aa. she's still indebted to the empire for placating to sequatchies pissing and moaning about signal mountain last year. roflolk.gif

you'll have to excuse indian's over zealous defense of the t$$aa. she's still indebted to the empire for placating to sequatchies pissing and moaning about signal mountain last year. roflolk.gif

If it makes you happy, feel free to keep thinking you know what you're talking about in any of that.

How long have you been employed by T$$AA? I bet the other states don't pay a thousand dollars a year for membership either. T$$AA has to make a lot of money when you consider all the play-offs for all sports.

I don't see how thinking the schools aren't being gouged makes me likely TSSAA-material or even an avid supporter. I disagree with numerous decisions mostly on classications. I just don't think anyone there is sipping drinks at a beach off the hard work of athletes and coaches.

The first association I saw specifics on dues, when I googled was Colorado. Their yearly membership ranges from $850 to $3500 depending on number of sports, and on top of that they still have unspecified playoff/postseason money to turn in. I will look for more nearby states later.

-Kentucky ranges from $800 to $1400, I didn't read the details, will do so later also.

Edited by Indian

And it might be important to note the principle (who she might or might not be related too, the valley is kinda small) is on the T$$AA board of control.