Yellow Jackets start new century with new coach

Will SHS have a winning season?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will SHS have a winning season this year?

• Yes win more than 5
    • NO lose more than 5
    • .500 year 5-5
    • Make playoffs either way and lose in the first round

The Springfield Yellow Jackets begin our 2nd Century of football with a new coach. What is your opinion on this move and what will next year hold for us? More discipline or less? More running with the ball or more passing? Strong defense that tries to keep the game close or a wide open offensive scheme that tries to out score our opponents? Let the banter begin...........................

Good Luck Coach Wilson.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw an article a while back that covered every team in 5A. From what I remember, it said Wilson would be using an offense run primarily out of the I-formation, which typically means a more run-heavy, physical type of team.

That style of football has aged like wine at the high school level, although the amount of success you have could be directly correlated with having good depth, which from what I've heard, could be a setback for Springfield this season.

Given the circumstances, 5 or 6 wins and a playoff appearance could be a good way to kick things off for this new staff. And I don't think that is out of reach for Springfield by any means.

The Springfield Yellow Jackets begin our 2nd Century of football with a new coach. What is your opinion on this move and what will next year hold for us? More discipline or less? More running with the ball or more passing? Strong defense that tries to keep the game close or a wide open offensive scheme that tries to out score our opponents? Let the banter begin...........................

Good Luck Coach Wilson.

Good luck to the Jackets and Coach Wilson( except week 4, of course)

HI, Commish!

GO BIG RED

Saw an article a while back that covered every team in 5A. From what I remember, it said Wilson would be using an offense run primarily out of the I-formation, which typically means a more run-heavy, physical type of team.

That style of football has aged like wine at the high school level, although the amount of success you have could be directly correlated with having good depth, which from what I've heard, could be a setback for Springfield this season.

Given the circumstances, 5 or 6 wins and a playoff appearance could be a good way to kick things off for this new staff. And I don't think that is out of reach for Springfield by any means.

We return a talented senior class, Swarm, but we lost a lot of starters from last year's class. It will be interesting to see what is ahead of us. We MUST stay away from the injury bug. We will be thin through the line. Starters are strong but drop off with replacements. Coach Wilson will need time. Time to input his system. Time to make this his team. Happy 4th to you and thanks for your service to our great land that we all too often take so very lightly.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a vocal critic of the whining and moaning certain Springfield coaches engaged in after a couple of games against Henry County...that is no secret. But all in all, I thought the former staff did a good job with that program and they fielded a very competitive team. Can someone explain to me just what the heck happened?

• 2 weeks later...

Heard the Jackets have a scrimmage this Friday, does anyone know the time, location and opponet ?

The jackets scrimmaged CPA Friday morning, I wrk with a dad to one of the coaches at springfield, he told me that CPA was pretty good and the jackets have some work to do, good luck to the jackets this year ! Leon, commissioner where yall at ?

Good luck to our Jackets this year, but feel this may be a tough season for the Jacket faithful. With Henry County, Northeast, Dickson County, Clarksville High, and Kenwood all bringing back tough teams we may have a subpar year. Watched our first scrimmage and not too positive, but a scrimmage is a scrimmage. The boys seem to have no fire, and with Greenbrier in the near future we may be scratching our heads after many games wondering what ifs. We just need to be patient with Coach Wilson and hope he is the answer, but this year will not be as memorable as we thought it would be after last season. I see us beating Northwest and possible West Creek, but sure losses are Henry County, Northeast, Dickson County, Gallatin, and Clarksville High. Don't feel confident about Greenbrier, Rossview, or Kenwood. A good season this year may be 3 - 7 or 4 - 6 if we are lucky. This does not reflect our new coaching staff, but it will reflect the positive direction on discipline this team has lacked in the last decade. I just don't see a good year!

Edited by OldJacketFan

The jackets scrimmaged CPA Friday morning, I wrk with a dad to one of the coaches at springfield, he told me that CPA was pretty good and the jackets have some work to do, good luck to the jackets this year ! Leon, commissioner where yall at ?

jackets really struggled with their spread offense against cpa 3-4 D, cpa was blitzing couple of backers every play causing chaos in the back field. jackets dont see that type of def formation often. cpa is a great team coming off of a 12-2 season with a big time qb.....committed to samford in alabama

summers didnt dress, he is resting a bum shoulder. farmer is back and may see him play more in the secondary as well. jackets also rotated qbs every play during the varsity scrimmage. brewer has been snapping the ball but it appeared that the jackets were trying someone else out. later in the practice shs switched to the i formation and did well.

we should run the ball more in from the I. we have good size and experience up front. couple of decent runners. farmer should touch the ball 10 times or more a game!!!