Defensive Coordinators

phishhead

Guest caligula

Jim Gaylor at Maryville is better than anyone you all have mentioned. His defenses have help lead Maryville to consecutive state titles. He mixes it up on people and has many many formations to throw around.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Gaylor at Maryville is good. I saw him stop a very good scoring machine in Hillsboro. But Marcus Walls is a GREAT defensive coach. He has helped utilize every ounce of talent on the Gallatin squad. Last year he put people in position to make plays. This year the athletic ability complements his techniques. He is a great motivator and shows the fire that was needed at Gallatin. In just 2 years he has transformed a decent defense to a work of art. Sorry Riverdale but this man is a ture Green Wave at heart. And we are fortunate to have him!!

Props to Jerry Joslin, when he was a defensive coor. he was a defensive mastermind. Noone could eat up the wing-T like that man ;)

You can have the Jim Gaylors, Jerry Thompsons, and the guy at Anderson County. However, for my money I would not have anyone but Jeff McMillan at Knox Central. Coach Mac should have gotten the head coaching position at Carter last spring, but the powers that be chose Heath Woods instead. It was inferred that someone close to that decision had a problem in hiring Jeff. NEWS FLASH: It sounds like to me that they have larger problems looming in their noggin'!! for as we speak the Hornets spin round and round like one of those bumper cars at the county fair that gets stuck in the corner and cannot shake free.

Jeff McMillan has to be one of the masters at getting his kids to do EXACTLY like he coaches them to on Friday nights. He doesn't alwways have the best tools and resources to work with, but you can bet everything he has will be utilized to its maximum potential.

I just wanted to give some credit to Brandon Tucker at Fayette Academy. In his first season as the Vikings Defensive Coordinator, they are givin up 10.5 points a game. However, the starting defense is only giving up 5.625 points a game.(Taking out special teams and 2nd string touchdowns) On top of that, up until the 4th quarter of last weeks game with Jackson Trinity, the Vikings had not given up a defensive touchdown in 17 quarters. That goes back to the first half of Fayette's game with USJ in Week 4.

Posted by throw46:

Matt50 what up? I agree with you. Bobby Wells does an outstanding job coaching those kids. The kids will do whatever he asks them to do. The thing I like most about Bobby is that he is not afraid to take chances. Good luck this week verse L-town.

Ps Marcus Walls has had a unbeleivable impact on The Gallatin Program. He too is an outstanding Coach and a great person.

"Throw to score and run to win."

Hey throw46! If you are who I think you are, good to hear from you and I hope everything is going well for you. Did you know that my brother is at Gallatin with Walls now (O-line)? Good lucl buddy!!!!!!!!

I don't know how good of a coordinator he is but as a coach he must be special. Coach Chuck Jones of Oliver Springs has put togather a great defense ever since he came over like 4 years ago. He makes something out of almost nothing and by that I mean speed. OS always lacks speed but yet they find a way to contain the great athletes of the other schools. OS is small for the most part as well. Everyone talks about our line being big. Please our line isn't big... they are well coached. I think Jones has to be considered one of the best becaue of what he gets out of what he has.

I went to school with Chuck Jones, both at Norwood and Clinton, and he and his wife and sons are all class acts.

Posted by JOE01:

I don't know how good of a coordinator he is but as a coach he must be special. Coach Chuck Jones of Oliver Springs has put togather a great defense ever since he came over like 4 years ago. He makes something out of almost nothing and by that I mean speed. OS always lacks speed but yet they find a way to contain the great athletes of the other schools. OS is small for the most part as well. Everyone talks about our line being big. Please our line isn't big... they are well coached. I think Jones has to be considered one of the best becaue of what he gets out of what he has.

Posted by matt50:
Posted by throw46:

Matt50 what up? I agree with you. Bobby Wells does an outstanding job coaching those kids. The kids will do whatever he asks them to do. The thing I like most about Bobby is that he is not afraid to take chances. Good luck this week verse L-town.

Ps Marcus Walls has had a unbeleivable impact on The Gallatin Program. He too is an outstanding Coach and a great person.

Yeah I knew he was and Walls told me he is doing an outstanding job. You seem to be doing a pretty good job yourself. Good luck tonight. I bet that it will be a slug fest. Tell all the guys hi and I'll see you all week one of the playoffs. And by the way this is who you think it is. No-huudle and not a CW. (remember that one?)

"Throw to score and run to win."

Hey throw46! If you are who I think you are, good to hear from you and I hope everything is going well for you. Did you know that my brother is at Gallatin with Walls now (O-line)? Good lucl buddy!!!!!!!!