District 14A 2012-2013 Who ya got?

UCTdoes

Well it is getting close to that time of year again. Just got back on Coach T and am amazed the trash talking started so early this year. I will swallow my pride like my fellow Falcon fan Bigster and say that anyone who thinks UC is not the best team in this district on paper right now is crazy. But we all know things happen as kids transfer, get into trouble, just quit, get injured and so many other factors so who knows what the district will look like when they tip it off in November. Someone asked so I will give my top 4 predictions: 1) Union City 2) Lake County 3)South Fulton 4) Greenfield. I think pretty much everyone has those four in some type of order. As for my Lady Falcons I think it is good that they aren't getting alot of pre-season hype. I think this team will respond better without the pressure. I still think this is a VERY good Lady Falcon team and anyone who thinks anybody in this district will beat them by 50 pts in the regular season doesn't need to be on this site. As for the Greenfield scrimmage NO the Lady Falcons were not all there someone didn't tell the truth. I believe the success of this years Lake County team hinges on how fast Freshman Ashley Wiggins develops. If it is as quick as many think, they will be in really good shape. She has the potential to be a great post player for LC over the next four years and she has had a great Summer on her travel team. While she won't be triple teamed like she was in Middle school, she will give some upperclassmen fits in the paint. LC returns three starters in Shamon Pearson, Tiana Gray, and Yazzy Yancy. We already know that Pearson and Gray can score and if Yancy can avg 8-10pts per game they will be in good shape. She is lightning fast and handles the ball well. This team came together to win a Middle School Championship and finished runner up the other year. They should gel before Christmas and be a very good team. Another big question is who will come off the bench for this Falcon team and contribute. It should be another fun year in LC in the first year post TT and Nation!

I agree.Wouldnt sleep on LC..Union City is the team to beat but really need a good outside shooter.If they had that,would really be the best team.Still are because of Fair and Hudson.Just that if they had that 1 missing piece of the puzzle,would be unbeleivable.I know Fair will be bringing the ball up and will have 70 to 80 percent of the plays run through here.Look for teams to double team her and play a zone if she does post up.Make them shoot outside.I mean really pack it in.Give them the outside shot.And if she is outside ,maybe a box and 1.Have someone on her if she goes to the concession stand.Have heard the girl has a lot of talent and tough as far as rebounding etc.Not looking for anyone to blow LC out or even consider it a win before they play.

Update:Was written before I read about an injury to Fair.Hopefully not true but if it is ,CHANGES things.

Edited by mrbigster

UC i heard have lost Amber Fair to a torn ACL..

Hopefully not.Dont want to see that with any player.LC has had great success the past few years .Just didnt get to the top like I thought they would.Dont mind seeing UC representing our district this year and maybe next.Not giving them an easy win even with Fair.Without Fair,since UC has a player back from last year that didnt get to play,should be good even without her.With Fair,the cream of the crop.But if true.The district is up for grabs.Hope it's not true

I awoke to a text message from a friend in UC telling me about Amber Fair's injury. That is absolutely horrible. Even though we have rivalries, no one wants to see a kid hurt in any way. I've watched Amber play since Middle School and she is great player. Followed her a little this summer on her travel team and KC. Hope the injury turns out less serious than expected. For those who don't know TT Flowers tore her ACL on the second day of workouts at Lipscomb Univ. She underwent very successful surgery in June and has worked as hard as anyone can work to get back on the court. She will begin running with a brace on Monday and is expected back on the court in November/Early December. When the injury happened it was devastating but now four months later her recovery is almost complete and she is stronger for it. I expect the same from Amber who is a tough ball player and strong kid.

not likely Bigster....could happen but that would be rushing things....my guess is out for season if you truly want her healthy and fully reahabilitated

I agree.The main thing is her getting completely healthy instaed of maybe late in the year,thinking she's fine and give UC that boost to win it all.Just saw in the news yesterday that a player from Louisville's career is over because he tore his ACL for the 2nd time. .It was the same knee and happened on his first practice back.So need to be careful in coming back too soon and thinking she may be ready.

They want be better than Greenfield nor UC and i think with Hailey coming back to SF, they will be better.I know it was a summer league game,Greenfield beat LC by 50 with everybody there.I know you Bigster will say LC will win the District and return to the state tournament.Lol.So Bigster,what's your predicted order of finish this year.Post your order of finish here and then go back to the Football thread and post your order of finish in 14A.I dont think i have seen your predictions.

Chipper you told big Bigster to do his homework but didn't do yours lol. Lake county lost to greenfield by 2 points minus two players. They lost by 50 to Dyersburg also minus those two starters/players. If LC stays healthy and out of trouble they will be fine this year.

Chipper you told big Bigster to do his homework but didn't do yours lol. Lake county lost to greenfield by 2 points minus two players. They lost by 50 to Dyersburg also minus those two starters/players. If LC stays healthy and out of trouble they will be fine this year.

TROUBLE....what kind of trouble could kids get into...high school kids shouldn't be getting into trouble...this is unheard of.