District 14A 2012-2013 Who ya got?

UCTdoes

Bob77,you said on another post that lets applaud good defense for a bad performance. When JC gets blown out, you say that Ensworth was on fire.JC didnt play good defense.Its funny how UC played the best team in the tournament the closest game they played and now CPA,who got blew out by JC,Harding and JC,who Ensworth just steamrolled,are all better than UC.How can you say so,when the starters of Ensworth was playing to get a win late in the 4th against UC and Ensworth starters against Harding and JC were probably on the bench the whole 4th quarter because the game was a cakewalk.

Ensworth had a couple starters in till the final buzzer. FYI

Edited by bob77

Come on chipper, get over it and admit it, union city has just been luck over and over and over again. I sure hope more teams keep having those bad games against UC because we all know they can't be the cause of any of that. Somebody even mentioned how ensworth was coming off that Christmas break, not UC, they apparently don't celebrate Christmas.

UCgold,

I am unbiased in this and have no team in the mix. But I know what I saw. Did the lack luster performance by Ensworth come as a result of UC play? Maybe, but dont know. Is UC 27 points better than Harding? Don't know because they did not play and probably will not. I very seriously doubt it but we will never know. I can extend an unofficial invitation to come to Memphis next year and play in the More Than Basketball Classic at Harding and the game might happen.

Could UC be 25 points better than JC? I don't know and really don't care. But that game may happen if you both make it to State and get in the same brackets to play each other. UC lost to the classic champs by only 4.

In all sincerity and respect for Union City players, coaches and fans, Congratulations. Take and use whatever you can build the confidence of your team. And continue to play hard and make it to State.

You too, Bob77

Thanks for the best wishes. Best wishes for Jackson County too.

State is still a few months away and we still need some work on a few things. The State for Div 2 is at Lipscomb University, Feb 28 - Mar 2. I think Div 1 will still be in regionals at that time.

If y'all are playing close at that time, I might come watch y'all play too.

Im not fussing Bob.You aite since you a Braves fan.LOL.I was going after Greenfieldfan because he said that UC couldnt compete on the state level.We may or may not make it to state. He always bring up Jackson Co and i was just posting towards him.They do struggle on offense at times but they keep themselves in the game with good defense and they limit you to 1 shot.I think they can make it to state and once you get there,anything can happen.Its a big loss without Fair,but the team has worked hard all summer to get back to state.They are hungry and want to get back.I wasn't posting towards you Bob or any JC fans.I know JC has a good team. I was posting towards Greenfieldfan to respect UC girls because he thought they would get blown out in that tournament.

Bob77,you said on another post that lets applaud good defense for a bad performance. When JC gets blown out, you say that Ensworth was on fire.JC didnt play good defense.Its funny how UC played the best team in the tournament the closest game they played and now CPA,who got blew out by JC,Harding and JC,who Ensworth just steamrolled,are all better than UC.How can you say so,when the starters of Ensworth was playing to get a win late in the 4th against UC and Ensworth starters against Harding and JC were probably on the bench the whole 4th quarter because the game was a cakewalk.

None of the JC faithful have ever said UC can't beat us so let's get that straight. UC is always a tough game no matter what. Ensworth was clearly the better team but this was JC's 3rd day in a hotel sitting around all day with nothing to do till 7 at night and if you know anything about basketball those are factors that do make a difference. Can UC beat Jackson County? You bet they can but JC can also beat them. If we are both fortunate enough to make it to the state tournament then we will find out who the best team is. Just because you lost a game by fewer points doesn't mean a thing. If you want to hang your hat in the difference in the scores of two games then go for it. It won't win you a gold ball

Edited by devilfanatic

I didn't say that JC fans said that UC cant beat them.I said Greenfieldfan said that UC cant beat them.Also, Ensworth was probably in a hotel for 3 days and the game didnt start til 7 with Ensworth playing the last semifinal game Friday night. So JC got more rest than Ensworth.

With Ensworth being about 45 min away from Centerville I highly doubt they opted for a hotel over their own beds but that's irrelevant. This tournament won't mean a thing in March. What it does do is give you great competition and makes teams better because of it. Good luck to you and your team sir. Hopefully we will pick this conversation up again in March!

Im not for sure about Fair, but i don't think we a see her til next season.I would rather see her at 100% next season than to risk injuring herself again this season.The only senior is Reedy who will surely be missed.Reedy has been a very good leader this year along with Hudson.

I really think that is the key.I think UC has a great chance to make it to State without her but not sure about teams they'll play in sub state .Probably Middleton,or Madison etc..But put Fair in the lineup,I think UC is the best team in Single A period.The scoring that everyone thinks UC has will be greatly improved.And the defense that everyone seems to think UC has one of the best will be even better if she plays.

I really think that is the key.I think UC has a great chance to make it to State without her but not sure about teams they'll play in sub state .Probably Middleton,or Madison etc..But put Fair in the lineup,I think UC is the best team in Single A period.The scoring that everyone thinks UC has will be greatly improved.And the defense that everyone seems to think UC has one of the best will be even better if she plays.

I remember watching Fair play and i thought she was the best player on the team even though there was a girl that was suppose to be better than her on the team. Can't remember her name but i said back then that i liked the way Fair played and thought she was the best player. Hopefully this young lady can get better and come back as soon as she is able. She was fun to watch!