Giles Co. vs. Lincoln Co.

bobcat93

Been holding out as long as I could to start this one but with falconfevers post on the Giles Co. board couldn't wait any more.It's on.Let's hear it.How do they stack up.The Falcons got the best of a young Bobcat team last year but we all know how the Bobcats finished last year.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had been checking up on the Giles County 2012 thread, and couldn't hold out any longer, either. Anyone from the area know's the ties, and how well Giles finished the year. But, we also know how they started. The score didn't show how we (L.C) dominated Giles at the first of the year, last year.

Giles is a great 4 a team and well disciplined. What will hurt them against us, is numbers, and size. By the 3 rd quarter, Giles will be wore out. Just like last year. They played us well the first half, but looked sloppy the 2nd half. When you have key players having to play both side's of the ball, it is hard to keep up, with fresh leg's.

Offensively, they will attack with the passing game. And try for the home run 70 % of the time. Giles QB has an arm, and thinks he's a real gunslanger. Haven't heard anything about their running game, and I'm sure that's b/c Giles is still trying to figure out a running game, as well. Once their O Line is wore down, we will pressure the QB and shut the passing game down. Then, Giles want be able to move the ball. 4 and out. Giles 1 good WR will be a threat, but we will out match them 2-1 with speed and hands.

Giles Def. front is smaller then our's, and will also be wore down after after a couple of quarters. Giles don't really have a 2 nd team, so the starting team will be playing most of the game. They'll start leaning on our O.Line, and our running backs will have multiple gaps to choose from. Not too mention our QB will have time to throw the ball. I feel we have 3 receivers that are faster and have better hands then Giles D. Backs.

Haven't heard of a Kicker from Giles, so I'm sure they'll be going for 2, and not trying for 3. From what I saw on film from Russellville, that's their best option.

L.C 36 Giles 20

GO FALCONS!!!

I had been checking up on the Giles County 2012 thread, and couldn't hold out any longer, either. Anyone from the area know's the ties, and how well Giles finished the year. But, we also know how they started. The score didn't show how we (L.C) dominated Giles at the first of the year, last year.

Giles is a great 4 a team and well disciplined. What will hurt them against us, is numbers, and size. By the 3 rd quarter, Giles will be wore out. Just like last year. They played us well the first half, but looked sloppy the 2nd half. When you have key players having to play both side's of the ball, it is hard to keep up, with fresh leg's.

Offensively, they will attack with the passing game. And try for the home run 70 % of the time. Giles QB has an arm, and thinks he's a real gunslanger. Haven't heard anything about their running game, and I'm sure that's b/c Giles is still trying to figure out a running game, as well. Once their O Line is wore down, we will pressure the QB and shut the passing game down. Then, Giles want be able to move the ball. 4 and out. Giles 1 good WR will be a threat, but we will out match them 2-1 with speed and hands.

Giles Def. front is smaller then our's, and will also be wore down after after a couple of quarters. Giles don't really have a 2 nd team, so the starting team will be playing most of the game. They'll start leaning on our O.Line, and our running backs will have multiple gaps to choose from. Not too mention our QB will have time to throw the ball. I feel we have 3 receivers that are faster and have better hands then Giles D. Backs.

Haven't heard of a Kicker from Giles, so I'm sure they'll be going for 2, and not trying for 3. From what I saw on film from Russellville, that's their best option.

L.C 36 Giles 20

GO FALCONS!!!

This boy ^^^^^^ has been a sneaking over the fence in Lynchburg! icon_mrgreen.gif

This boy ^^^^^^ has been a sneaking over the fence in Lynchburg! icon_mrgreen.gif

I haven't, but the way you guy's will feel August 18th, you guy's may want to go ahead and stock-up on some. huh.png

Lincoln must have left their speed guys at home in 7 on 7 play.

Needed to get our J.V some practice. Most think cause you guy's had coaching issues, that your out of it. But, they are going to be in for a surprise.

Edited by falconfever77

This game doenst seem to have the same hype around it as it did last year but I guess thats to be expected since its been over a year now since OC and Osteen went back to Giles. I think Giles is the team to beat in 4A and shouldnt have a problem with LC. I could see this game turning into a blowout. I expect Cobb and the rest of the Giles Countys offense to have their way with LCs D. And Giles D should be fine seeing that LC doesnt have any the same weapons they did last year with Smith graduating. I say 35-7 Giles Wins

Dont know if the Bobcats are the team to beat in 4a but they should be one of the top ones judging from last years returning players and success.As long as they don't have they cocky mindset of the team to beat on 4a.As long as they do what they usually do play there game they will be alright.