Webb @ Alcoa...this ain't no country club.

I am very pleased to see these post game posts because they are all right on. Anybody who watched this game could see how tough the Spartans were playing. They played 11 guys both ways the entire game except when one would cramp up. They also had two two-way starters out. Hats off to the Spartans who gained everyones respect tonight.

Edited by Vols12345678

I hope that some of the previous posters in this thread will finally give webb a little bit of respect. That webb team represents the typical webb team year in and year out only with about 20-30 more players on the team. The depth really hurt us tonight but im proud of the way we stood in and battled even when several starters were out due to cramps.

Very impressed and proud of my Spartans. They left everything out on the field and stood toe to toe with a tremendous Alcoa team which will be top 3 in the state in any class. Alcoa is a great team... huge lines, speed at every skill position and quality depth.

Spartans showed incredible effort with all starters going both ways. The first quarter goal line stand and immediate march of 99 yards for the first score of the game really tells you what Webb football is all about. Lack of numbers eventually caught up with Webb and my hat is off to every one of them who competed last night.

Finally, Webb's coaching staff always does a great job and it starts with the man I played for, Coach Meske. He is by far one of the best head coaches in the state and has several loyal staff members who do an unbelievable job year after year teaching, mentoring and coaching the players up. So much respect for Coach Meske and staff.

Lots of respect to the Webb players for gutting it out and giving it their all. thumb[1].gif Hard to believe their numbers are so far down, but the guys who are there play good fundamental hard nosed football. As always Webb was well coached and ready to play. They put themselves in a position to have a shot at the end but just had no gas left in the tank. It always does my heart good to see those kind of efforts.

Congrats to Alcoa on the victory. The Tornadoes did what it took to win and that was to keep hammering until the opponent relented just enough for them to win. Alcoa looks big and physical as always and will certainly be a contender again for state.

Very sloppy 1st game for both teams. Alcoa needs to give the ball to #12 more, he runs hard. Webb fumbled too many times and just when they had momentum going for them, their whole team started cramping. At one point their starting qb/lb #1, starting db/wr/backup qb #8, and starting dT/OT #57, where all on the ground cramping at the end of the 3rd quarter. I thought it was 2 very even teams with alcoa just having more depth. The blance kid just needs some more games to get back in to it.

I believe missing last year hurt Blanche. Losing him after the Maryville game killed you guys. We Rebel fans held our breath everytime one of the Blanche Brothers ran the ball.

Maryville has a great athlete that hasn't played football since Middle School. TJ Kimble is a flat out stud athlete. He also dropped some footballs and missed some blocks.