MTSU Baseball coach - hard to recruit... Terrible situation

davidlimbaugh

This thread has made me chuckle, lol.....maybe its like Little League, to keep the coaches from going insane, they draft the parents instead of the players....lol specially in local talent, last thing a college coach wants to hear about is why little Johnny isnt getting playing time......or it may just be what they need isnt what your sons team has. But, being lazy? Now thats a stretch. You think Facebook is a network? It has nothing on what local coaches do, whether in travel ball, high school, or college.

Great post!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has made me chuckle, lol.....maybe its like Little League, to keep the coaches from going insane, they draft the parents instead of the players....lol specially in local talent, last thing a college coach wants to hear about is why little Johnny isnt getting playing time......or it may just be what they need isnt what your sons team has. But, being lazy? Now thats a stretch. You think Facebook is a network? It has nothing on what local coaches do, whether in travel ball, high school, or college.

Exactly, well said.

My son is currently rated in the top 500 in the nation and is rated as the top 13 in TN. He is a RHP and has been clocked at 90 this summer,

I say all of this because he has heard from virtually every university in middle TN BUT MTSU.....so maybe some of you others can explain that. Last week he got calls from Duke, Notre Dame, and Navy but nothing from MTSU.

CJ, congrats on your son being one of the top players in Tennessee. Sounds like one heck of a kid and player. As a father, I would be thrilled for my son to hear from the schools you listed. However, your beef with MTSU is way off base.

There could be any number of resons you havent heard from MTSU. Maybe they feel they dont have a real chance at signing your kid - Maybe they dont feel your son is what they need/want - Maybe they know how you feel about them and decided to look elsewhere - could be any of these reasons.

I can promise you this - no one works harder or is more qualified than the guys at MTSU. And I can promise you that your son will be just fine without MTSU, and MTSU will be just fine without your son.

CJdore, SInce your son is obviously so good and has been contacted by every school in the mid state except for MTSU why are you so worried about MTSU. That means Vandy has contacted him and if that is the case go to Vandy. What about Belmont back to back regionals they must have contact you guys as well. Sounds like he has a ton of choices and you are worried about MTSU. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

• 1 month later...

CJdore, SInce your son is obviously so good and has been contacted by every school in the mid state except for MTSU why are you so worried about MTSU. That means Vandy has contacted him and if that is the case go to Vandy. What about Belmont back to back regionals they must have contact you guys as well. Sounds like he has a ton of choices and you are worried about MTSU. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I am not worried about MTSU at all. I just am stating the facts. VU and Belmont have called. Lipscomb, Tevecca, and UT Martin have already offered. Navy is offering this week. My whole point in replying to this thread is that MTSU either does not need a pitcher or else they are slow to react......this is all.

I am not worried about MTSU at all. I just am stating the facts. VU and Belmont have called. Lipscomb, Tevecca, and UT Martin have already offered. Navy is offering this week. My whole point in replying to this thread is that MTSU either does not need a pitcher or else they are slow to react......this is all.

Sounds Good can't wait to hear where he decides to go. Sounds like he has a ton of offers. Please let us know where he chooses. Is he signing this week?

• 2 months later...

• I haven't got a Dog in this but i can say that this hurt there recruiting because there was alot of kids going to make Verbal commits after the WWBA in Atlanta. My son being one of them and we was suppose to go by MTSU for the tour and the offer after that tournament..They contacted us and told us that everything was on hold because of the coaching situation..We had them on our top 3 to decide from and we went another way....But we had told all other coaches when we was making decision and wanted to be true to our word.
  • MTSU is a great place to play baseball C. Mcguire and C. Mclure are great guys and i seen one of these guys in Atlanta (Perfect Game), TBCA event in Mboro and Atlanta at UT, USA stadium, Austin Peay, U of Memphis...
  • My only statement is the coaching staff at MTSU knows about your son maybe its not what they need or there is some underlining issues...Good Luck and i'm sure that he will decde whats best for him.