7-AAA Jamboree and Season Predictions

TDCman

Should be a great crowd tonight with excellent weather. I'm pretty excited to see all six teams prior to the first game. We can make our season predictions after seeing everyone square off in a game like situation.

Everyone in the area, throughout the state, surrounding states, and even the nation is invited to come out and see some great football tonight. rolleyes.gif

Edited by TDCman

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was fun but you wouldn't learn very much by watching what we saw last night. Was there a formula behind where the refs spotted the football?

After what I saw last night here's how I would rate the region.

1. Siegel -- deep and balanced

2. Oakland -- This will be football the way Coach Mcdaniel likes to play it. If more balanced, they get the #1 spot.

3/4. Tie Riverdale, Siegel's second team

5. Oakland's second team -- very close to a three way tie with the two above

6. Smyrna

7. Blackman

8. The PA announcers

9. unknown

10. Lavergne

Siegel and Oakland's second groups would probably make the playoffs. Siegel's might make a run.

Riverdale is way too thin...the #1 job every week is to try and find one more football player. Through about 15-18 guys Riverdale is as good as anyone.

Lavergne was the most disappointing team I saw. Something is not right when a team looks like that.

Smyrna was better than I had heard...they do at least play with intensity.

Blackman looks like they are just on that year that sometimes comes between good years. The defense played pretty good though. They do have a chance to be a much better team by the end of the year.

With those predictions, and $2.75, you can get a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

i know your kidding about the siegal 2nd team being as good as riverdales 1st team. do you think riverdale opened it up with dillon. what i saw last night, we still dont really know whats what. i think it will still be siegal and riverdale fighting for the top spot and oakland possibly slipping in. siegal did imprees me most and i think oakland might be one year away at making a run for gold ball. lavernge was very dissapointing as the hype was this could be their breakout year. i think that was last year. smyrna was very slow and blackman, im not sure yet.

1. Siegel

2. Oakland

3. Riverdale

4. Blackman

5. Lavergne

6. Smyrna

Siegel, Oakland, and Riverdale fighting for the top 3. Blackman, Lavergne and Smyrna fighting to come in 4th.

However, Riverdale didn't show much and would be much better in a real game. Siegel just seems to have so much skill position talent and a great quarterback. Oakland looked really good. Blackman - will Dee Mathers make a big difference and how good will Williams be at quarterback. He wasnt real impressive last night but has looked really good in other scrimmages.

Lavergne looked good and had a nice running back. Smyrna played hard and well but not sure they have all the talent they need.

Couldn't ask for better weather for August 10th for football. Wish it could feel like that next Friday night.

Go Blaze!!!

whats wrong with dee mathers, riverdale was also missing key back in ricardo terry. he has a slightly sprain ankle.

The Smyrna team that everyone saw last nite will not be the team you will see through out the season. Seven starting players were side lined do to injuries. All-be-it while Smyrna is down this year , they are not as down as some would hope.

Smyrna has always put competetive atheletes on the field......

The Smyrna team that everyone saw last nite will not be the team you will see through out the season. Seven starting players were side lined do to injuries. All-be-it while Smyrna is down this year , they are not as down as some would hope.

Smyrna has always put competetive atheletes on the field......

I hope you are right in regards to how good we might be this year. But from what i saw we are not as athletic as we have been in years past. We should get almost all if not all of our injured players back against BGA. Our defense made plays at times. We are going to have to stop missing the first tackle. Several times we were in the backfield and missed a tackle. Our offense struggled to get rolling. Our offensive line was pourous for most of the night. But I have confidence that our boys will get better. They have the work ethic and good attitudes that we haven't had in a long time around here. Overall all of the teams were holding something back. There is no way any coach was going to display what they have in store this year. I was highly impressed with Oakland's QB. Has a strong arm. Siegel's three headed monster of Hardin and the twins (sorry can't remember there names) will be the a force to deal with. I think they even have a fourth running back that could start on any team in the district. Number 22 i think. Riverdale's defense is fast and aggresive. Boykin is a beast. Corners looked a little suspect. But again the defenses were basic. So that may have had something to do with it. One thing is true though. I am so happy it is finaly here. Good luck to all teams. Hope your seasons are injury free.

The only thing that be taken from last nights action was that most everyone in the stadium was $5.00 lighter in the wallet. IMO it was a complete waist of time and I hope no one got seriously injured. High School football is way to violent to be used as a fund raiser. That what car washes are for. Our thrid string tailback was very close to breaking a leg and for what, a fund raiser!

Great! Awesome! Can't wait till next years jamboree!