Maryville vs. Cleveland (Red Rebels vs. Blue Raiders)

Red Rebels

Well I suspect that Bradley has won something these past forty years perhaps not enjoying the recent success of Maryville’s football program as very few have. But hope and optimism are not bad things and never hurt anyone. Disparaging an entire team if not school and community by using terms like "ghetto ball" however does and has no place and should not be accepted, retranslated or defended. I think it’s somewhat instructive that 15-18 year old young men put their skills, heart and soul on the line every Friday night for everyone to view and judge and always half will walk off the field scoreboard losers. Only then to have to tolerate the endless mindless catch phrases like “man upâ€, “just didn’t get it doneâ€..etc. and now even worse pejoratives, all from seemingly adult minds. I suspect we won’t get an answer to the ghetto ball question because cowardice is ignorance's second cousin and often found in the same gene pool.

Eric Blair, I have a lot of friends in Cleveland. Heck, I know families where some went to CHS and others in the family went to Bradley. I know a lot of "City" kids that went to Bradley. My post was a little tongue in cheek jab at a few "Will Bradley go undefeated" threads that have been on here. In no way shape form or fashion did I use a pejorative. It was my way of telling Cleveland to have a good year especially against their rival. I really don't know why you are taking two different posts by two different posters and combining them into one response. Misinformation and "spin" is ignorance's second cousin once removed (that is like a cousin and a half).

Red Rebel....thank you for the response...I can see why but in no way did I intended to associate your ideas with GreyRider, whom the latter half of my response was intended for. I found no harm in your good natured post and apologize for the misunderstanding. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for bringing it to light. Good luck this weekend.

Edited by Ericblair

Eric Blair, I have a lot of friends in Cleveland. Heck, I know families where some went to CHS and others in the family went to Bradley. I know a lot of "City" kids that went to Bradley. My post was a little tongue in cheek jab at a few "Will Bradley go undefeated" threads that have been on here. In no way shape form or fashion did I use a pejorative. It was my way of telling Cleveland to have a good year especially against their rival. I really don't know why you are taking two different posts by two different posters and combining them into one response. Misinformation and "spin" is ignorance's second cousin once removed (that is like a cousin and a half).

So you ask a rhetorical ? Or do you already know the answer? SPIN ,hehe just stating the facts bud, like them or not. Like I said I was trying to be nice. Get over it!

Not trying to fan the flames, but, I think it needs to be said, that I have seen the evidence on the tape, and several Cleveland players can be seen pulling off a Maryville players helmet at different times in the game.

Once or twice could be explained away as the heat of the battle, but this was some kind of plan...I assume because of the rule where a player whose helmet comes off has to leave the field for a play. I hope no Cleveland coach was involved in this and this was simply a few players acting on their own.

Edited by EarlVolFan

Not trying to fan the flames, but, I think it needs to be said, that I have seen the evidence on the tape, and several Cleveland players can be seen pulling off a Maryville players helmet at different times in the game.

Once or twice could be explained away as the heat of the battle, but this was some kind of plan...I assume because of the rule where a player whose helmet comes off has to leave the field for a play. I hope no Cleveland coach was involved in this and this was simply a few players acting on their own.

send it to tssaa

Makes it hard to call us whiners when we complain about the refs after a win! Uh, on second thought...

In ancient times, players would take care of possible dirty play themselves if the refs refused to. But times have definitely changed. Regardless, football is not for timid. Just don't send the tape to Roger Goodell. Everyone might get fined or suspended - even old weaklink.

. In fact, if the refs had done their job, then the game would have been better. From what I can remember, everytime CHS got near the 10 yd line, there was a penalty called against them. Maybe a lack of discipline on their part or maybe a ref felt he had to do something to improve his status in the Rebel community.

It is hard for me to believe that the TSSAA doesn't have a rule against a ref with kids in that school doing that game. So I guess a teacher or principle who is a TSSAA official on the side can do their own schools game,, PITIFUL!! What would have been a 3 to 7 point victory for us in a hard fought game is turned into a blow out by one drive stopping ref. We would have won anyway but this is not right. I'm sorry this game had to come down to all these hard feelings when it could have been easily avoided. Who ever assigned home town refs is an idiot.