Henry County Patriots @ Liberty Crusaders - Week 0

MSURacer

Opening night takes Henry County to Jackson this season. The Patriots set out to defend their 5A state title while the Crusaders are hoping for a deep playoff run of their own. Last season's meeting in Paris was a lopsided affair with the Patriots dominating to a tune of 37-0, but that was last year. The last time we traveled to Liberty with a young Patriot squad two years ago, it didn't turn out so well for us.

We cannot have the turnovers that we saw tonight in the jamboree, that was our unraveling the last time we went to Liberty. Too many penalties that need to be cleaned up as well, but that comes with the inexperience. Per usual Liberty will have athletes. I believe they bring back 9 or 10 starters from last year.

I expect a closer game than last season, but I believe we will go to Jackson and take care of business next week. As bad as some of our moments were tonight, you can still definitely see the potential in this team. Storme and Jamari are a dangerous tandem out of the backfield, and yes even with the interceptions, I think our passing game has potential as well. I know it was just a scrimmage, but I've been there as a player, and the team was humbled tonight. They will be focused next week.

What say you?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good analysis. The team is young and will get better, so don't panic over what you saw tonight. Hilliard will be fine at QB. Curtis and Henderson are not the Allen boys, but both are formidable options. I believe Donaldson could be the best receiver we've had in a while, and Dennis Tharpe Jr. has picked up right where he left off. The kid is a play maker. At this point, the lines are good, not great, but they will improve.

I don't know how next week's game against Liberty will turn out, but I expect a W. The team needs it too, because the competition gets much stiffer the following week.

MSURacer...pretty simple actually....If the Patriots do not turn it over, then a win is probable....if the turnovers come, it could get ugly. RedSwarm10, Jamari Curtis is capable of having one of the best single seasons rushing in Patriot history IF he stays healthy and we get consistent line play. Remember, game time at Liberty is at 7pm!

Edited by QBClubPrez

PREZ ..Im a believer that the Patroits will take Liberty down again this year ,but doubt it will be as one-sided as last year.tho they havent looked as good in scrimmages this year from their loses to graduation ...more important hopefully the stadium announcer wont be as obnoxoius as in years past....Note take some earplugs with ya !!! ..most likely your biggest challenges will be Beech and, NorthEast...Counce will have a master plan for both !!! .

My Trojans and Choctaws are in rebuild mode this season due to massive graduation loses as well

Good luck on your 2012 season !!

Edited by DHSFB64

True, I do believe that HC will beat Liberty, but Liberty lost to University School of Jackson (USJ) by like two touchdowns in a scrimmage, and only score 6 points in their Jamboree aginst Jackson Christian. Liberty has speed, but I will be concered their Fatigue and Discipline.

Do ya'll have any information in Clarksville-Northeast??

True, I do believe that HC will beat Liberty, but Liberty lost to University School of Jackson (USJ) by like two touchdowns in a scrimmage, and only score 6 points in their Jamboree aginst Jackson Christian. Liberty has speed, but I will be concered their Fatigue and Discipline.

Do ya'll have any information in Clarksville-Northeast??

If healthy, they will easily be the best team out of Clarksville this season, and probably one of the 2 best teams in District 10-AAA. Their QB is an absolute stud. Just committed to Tennessee a couple days ago. They also have a preseason all-state pick on their D-line, along with numerous additional returning starters from last season...unless a bunch of kids have quit. I believe we will handle them if we stay healthy, but you never know. They finished 7-5 last season, and should improve upon that.

They're definitely a team to watch, but I'm not familiar with their depth or over all numbers. Those are not usually strong points for Clarksville schools, but we shall see.

MSURacer...pretty simple actually....If the Patriots do not turn it over, then a win is probable....if the turnovers come, it could get ugly. RedSwarm10, Jamari Curtis is capable of having one of the best single seasons rushing in Patriot history IF he stays healthy and we get consistent line play. Remember, game time at Liberty is at 7pm!

I agree with your take on the game, and also that Curtis is a very good player. Probably would have started on 80 percent of the teams in the state last year.

At any rate, are there even any Liberty fans on this board? dhstennis, you out there?

im here im here...just not a lot to report...other than the reference to the announcer...that blows my mind every time its brought up...i guess maybe i dont pay attention to him...but we seem to have a new guy or even gal giving the play by play each game...

as far as the game...just excited to see fans fill the stadium...even if they arent ours...

TECH = speed...fast...almost bolt-like...and yet...theres no one in front of them to do anything...at least not yet...we start several sophomores on the lines...only 2 seniors...1 senior didnt get any PT last year...and the other...well...bad attitude

on defense our best guys seem to be the DBs...which...imo has always been a weakness...so if for some strange reason u guys decide to throw the ball all night long...then we might just walk away with it...but i dont see HC throwin the ball at all against us...

excited about the season...but im not sure were mature enough to play such a tough team on day 1...hopefully they blow my mind

Edited by dhstennis

im here im here...just not a lot to report...other than the reference to the announcer...that blows my mind every time its brought up...i guess maybe i dont pay attention to him...but we seem to have a new guy or even gal giving the play by play each game...

as far as the game...just excited to see fans fill the stadium...even if they arent ours...

TECH = speed...fast...almost bolt-like...and yet...theres no one in front of them to do anything...at least not yet...we start several sophomores on the lines...only 2 seniors...1 senior didnt get any PT last year...and the other...well...bad attitude

on defense our best guys seem to be the DBs...which...imo has always been a weakness...so if for some strange reason u guys decide to throw the ball all night long...then we might just walk away with it...but i dont see HC throwin the ball at all against us...

excited about the season...but im not sure were mature enough to play such a tough team on day 1...hopefully they blow my mind

I'm not a coach, but I wouldn't be surprised if we pass it more against you than we did last season. From everything I've seen, the coaching staff is trying to get the passing attack going a little more this year. We are still a running team, no doubt, but due to all of our losses to graduation, I think they're trying to get to a point where we can pass when we need to. We would've been in trouble last season had we ever gotten behind and had to throw, so I can understand why. Not sure if we'll need it this week though, if your lines are struggling as you say. Could be a good old fashioned ground and pound show, which I certainly don't mind. Hoping for an injury free game.