SMITH COUNTY - WHITE COUNTY

scooter

There is a new sheriff in town in Sparta - new coaching staff - lost only to Anderson County in fall scrimmages - returning most all starters from last year - very good QB and running back returning - more players out for football - sounds as if WC will be much improved this year. Can SC, having to fill many positions from last year, win again this year? I think so !!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowly White County compete with the great Smith Co? No, no, but our guys will go ahead and dress out and take the feild, and maybe the Smith Co guys can show our guys some of their secrets of being a great team. I may pay double just so I can get in and catch a glimps of the great Smith Co team and Lord Jimmy. Of corse, unless the same team that played in the Cookeville jamboree shows up. Boy that was a stinker. I thought both teams looked like they were trying not to score. Good luck to both teams Fri night.

Dang, where did SC fans dice your team. All we did was give them compliments. WC is much improved team and SC will have to play very tough football to win. Kind of looked like SC was running the same play every down didn't it? Well, wonder why!! Oh yes - the same SC team will show up Friday night with a few more plays and defensive sets.rolleyes.gif

Edited by scooter

There is a new sheriff in town in Sparta - new coaching staff - lost only to Anderson County in fall scrimmages - returning most all starters from last year - very good QB and running back returning - more players out for football - sounds as if WC will be much improved this year. Can SC, having to fill many positions from last year, win again this year? I think so !!!!

yes..i do believe the black and gold will handle them well this year once again..

Lowly White County compete with the great Smith Co? No, no, but our guys will go ahead and dress out and take the feild, and maybe the Smith Co guys can show our guys some of their secrets of being a great team. I may pay double just so I can get in and catch a glimps of the great Smith Co team and Lord Jimmy. Of corse, unless the same team that played in the Cookeville jamboree shows up. Boy that was a stinker. I thought both teams looked like they were trying not to score. Good luck to both teams Fri night.

Your right Spartafire, looks like you need to learn to defend Jet Sweep right, Jet Sweep left, Jet Sweep right and have an agressive kick return defense and you will have it. I doubt SC was tossing all their cards on the table,,,, at least I hope they didn't... First scrimmage I have seen. However, I have heard some good things about the ones I missed. Good luck to your young men and I hope we have a great clean game. Nothing like high school football, the long wait is almost over!!!!

Guest Termite

I haven't seen where anybody has said anything negative about White County.....but looks like you might want to change that.

I'll be your huckleberry........

What the heck would you know about "great" anything having to do with football......You just admitted you were from Sparta, which I've always heard is "NORTH SPENCER" anyways.icon_lol.gif

What I was going back to hapenrd back when the coaching search was going on and Maynord muddied the water by putting his name in the hat. There were some things said about " why would he want to sink to the levle of going to White County" Anyway, about Sat. night, I know that they were not showing anything from the playbook. What I look at are the one on one matchups and footwork and technique. What I saw was that you guys have a couple of good Def lineman that I really liked. The QB is a solid guy and seems like all he needs is a go to guy that he can depend on when he needs a compleation and Manning, well what can you say about him, pretty darn good running back. I thought Cookeville had some personel problems that they are going to have to answer or it could be a off year for them. Some of the guys just look like the are not sure of what they are doing ,missed assignments, wrong steps and so on . QB spot is real shakey. But back to Fri night, I think that if White Co has matured enough to know how to win it could be a good game.Their problem is going to be depth. You get past the top 15 players and then it takes a drastic step down. Reguardless of the outcome I pray all players come out of the game injury free and I wish you guys a great season.