Youth Football in Blount County 2012.

REBELRON

It might be a shock for those who did not attend MHS to find out that sports other than football are offered at the high school. In fact, I hear some of those programs might have championships of their own.

As far as the baseball talk, I think the MHS program needs a head coach who is with the team full time. Gaylor has done a good job these last few years, but his attention is divided. The hitting facility they have is very nice and by far the best of its kind in the county. They just need their own field. William Blount, Heritage, and Alcoa all have great baseball fields. No reason MHS shouldn't.

Many believe MHS just need a baseball field to practice on. Lots of folks I've talked to see nothing wrong with playiing the games at the nice facility at Maryville College. Heck, it's lots cheaper than keeping their own game field up. A nice "baseball" practice field would be a great addition. A full time baseball "manager" could be a plus.

It's hard to imagine the current adminstration pouring lots of money in a sport that generates so little revenue. I'd love to see a field, but the donor money would have to really step up, IMO.

Edited by OldRebel2

Just Curious....Do you think a new MHS baseball field would be nearly as nice as MC's field? WB and Heritage's fields are not as nice. I have not seen Alcoa's new field. Most hs baseball fields are maintained by coaches and players.

WB, Heritage, and Alcoa's BB fields are fine as compared to most HS BB fields. Youare correct though.....coaches, players, and volunteers mostly maintain the field.

Just Curious....Do you think a new MHS baseball field would be nearly as nice as MC's field? WB and Heritage's fields are not as nice. I have not seen Alcoa's new field. Most hs baseball fields are maintained by coaches and players.

If WB's field is not as nice, how did it get voted the state's best just a few short years ago?

Heritage's field is better than average, Alcoa's is just a few years old as well.

The field at MC (Scotland Yard...I was the one that created that name...no lie.) was built by the father of a Maryville Alum, that should give you some sense of a home field...kinda.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge

If WB's field is not as nice, how did it get voted the state's best just a few short years ago?

Heritage's field is better than average, Alcoa's is just a few years old as well.

The field at MC (Scotland Yard...I was the one that created that name...no lie.) was built by the father of a Maryville Alum, that should give you some sense of a home field...kinda.

WB and the Heritage BB fields have one major issue.....they were incorrectly positioned. Afternoon games from early April to the end of the season become horrible sun fields.

Well frydaddy it's been nice knowing you. Your as good as gone! You know better than to talk about baseball on here,because your stepping on alot of toes. I bet peppy has already placed a hit on you with his mafia buddies. Pack up and get out of town as quick as you can. Remember the order of things before you spout off next time. FOOTBALL VAS., FOOTBALL JV, FOOTBALL FRESHMAN, Band, cheerleading, chorus, basketball,etc........... fort craig, baseball. Got it! P.S. can I have your season tickets before you get capped?

you really should get that chip looked at.

Many believe MHS just need a baseball field to practice on. Lots of folks I've talked to see nothing wrong with playiing the games at the nice facility at Maryville College. Heck, it's lots cheaper than keeping their own game field up. A nice "baseball" practice field would be a great addition. A full time baseball "manager" could be a plus.

It's hard to imagine the current adminstration pouring lots of money in a sport that generates so little revenue. I'd love to see a field, but the donor money would have to really step up, IMO.

All valid points. MC is very nice facility. I just wonder how long the college will let them use.

I try to make to few games a year, as baseball is my favorite sport... Some of you might be surprised, it's usualky a very good atmosphere, especially when a particular West Knoxville school rolls in

Frydaddy, now you know they could not belittle themselves enough to look into other Blount Co programs, why that would make them a laughing stock. Now maybe they should check out CAK, Farragut, or one of the Knox area schools for baseball. But then they would be giving up all those state championship rings in football.....Better to just stay put

I think your chip has turned in to a full fledged butt crack... seek medical attention soon .