top coach in tennessee

17bulldogs

I don't see mich football outside of the city of Chatt. but I know around here Potter and Turner are the top dogs. Bibee has something going at Baylor, but he is a couple years away from being really good. Potter may be in a division with only 7 teams, but he has continually had success against teams outside the region, also Turner knows how to get his guys ready, even in years where he doesn't have a lot of talent Tyner comes to play. You aren't going to find any better motivators than Potter and Turner.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Teddavid and BoredGuy. Coach PA Pratt has to be among the top coaches in the state. He has to be mentioned among the best in Tennessee. If people only knew how bad the Cavaliers were before the Pratt era they would agree. This team couldn't even tackle in 1995. Crockett County was everybody's homecoming. After a couple of years under Coach Pratt the Cavs became the team that you better watch out for and today other teams fear the Cavaliers. Crockett didn't suddenly have a major talent boost, it just found a coach who could get the most out of a young man. Now the Cavaliers believe they can beat anyone and it is due to the job Coach Pratt has done along with the rest of his staff.

Guest Mollie14RHS

Well as much as Ihate to admit it as far as coaching goes probablly DAvid Martin of Goodpasture. This guy has one 3 state champ. in 5 yr and has so far had an undefeated season. He's def. taken teams with tons of talent and teams with not so much! As far as the best person coaching..that has to be Robert Akins of Boyd-Buchanan..he is the nicest man you will ever meet and encourages his guys with a christian example to do their best! You will NEVER hear this coach cuss on the feild, to the refs, or at his players! I think that should be admired! :o

......all time, no contest John Tucker most wins took a dead program and built a 30 plus year power house that's still rolling. Active in this state probably Mickey Marley love them or not U.S.J. year in year out are in the hunt, always adapts his program to his talent employs a sound staff and just plain gets the job done......beezer

Guest BigBlueTornado

Ralph Potter at McCallie. Anyone who denies this isn't mentally right. He has been ranked over and over the best coach in TN, and He is able to motivate players after losses, fire them up during halftime, or even during a game, and he works them hard, and everyone at McCallie beleives in him and who was it who called him too young? If I remember right, he's around 50...