Wilson Central at Gallatin Week 0

fbfan1976

Well now that Sumner County has school back in session what r your thoughts about this one. It was a lot closer last year than anyone thought it would be. Did the stress of the not knowing get to the coaches and players in Gallatin? Can WC get a break through win in 9-AAA?

IT's High School Football TIme in Tennessee!!!!!!!!! thumb[1].gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was close last year because of all the starters that were suspended. Nobody thought it would be a blowout after that happened. I hope Gallatin is prepared. They have practiced just like normal. I saw Wilson Central at the Trousdale jamboree and they have a good looking defense. Very quick and tackle well. Offense is jet sweep and fullback dive with a little passing mixed in. They are average size and decent speed. I think they could have a good year. Gallatin has plenty of work to be done after the last 2 scrimmages. Offense has been lacking and after the first couple of series the defense begins wearing down. Hopefully getting into a game that counts will turn

on the switch. Looking forward to seeing the new coaching staff in action.

Thanks for the updates. I was at the Hartsville Jamboree myself, Macon was not a great looking team, but I did here that WC held its own against Independence only giving up one score the whole scrimmage. Their O did turn the ball over a couple of times. Looking forward to visiting some old friends in G-Town Friday just hope the weatherman has the forcast wrong for Friday night.

Season opening games are always somewhat a mystery going in, but this year's opening game is that way more than ever before in my opinion. The last two Wave scrimmages were definitely not pretty, but they were obviously up against two of the state's best. While Wilson Central may be improved, I'm sure they are not at the talent level of Riverdale or Ensworth. The Wave played well and held their own in an earlier Blackman scrimmage, and you like their chances of being 1-0 after tomorrow night if they play at that level. All indications point to a close game, so one little thing here or there could go a long way in deciding the outcome. Remember to get there early, there will be a dedication ceremony before the game, renaming the field to Calvin Short Field.

Edited by GREENWAVE84EG

Even with the question marks with Gallatin, I'm going with the Green Wave in this one. I saw WC in Hartsville, and while I think they are improved over last year, Macon Co was absolutely awful. Tough to get too excited over that win. WC looked pretty good on D, but I didn't see any real difference makers on O. Maybe they were hiding him. GHS 17 WCHS 10

Looks like the rain will be gone by game time. I am hoping for a packed house with the field dedication tonight. Calvin Short made Gallatin a state power and this is a much deserved honor. Gallatin field or the Waveyard will now be Calvin Short Field. It would be great to start this year off with a win so I hope the boys are ready!

Keep your eyes pealed for the best freshman in the state, that plays for WC. Gabe Angel is a playmaker and can impact both sides of the ball. Already has great size and speed with a college frame. Had a 50 yd reception on offense, and an int on defense in jamboree playing limited minutes. Expect great things from him the next 4 yrs. If you wonder which one he is, you'll know when you see him.

Looks like the rain will be gone by game time. I am hoping for a packed house with the field dedication tonight. Calvin Short made Gallatin a state power and this is a much deserved honor. Gallatin field or the Waveyard will now be Calvin Short Field. It would be great to start this year off with a win so I hope the boys are ready!

WitchDoctor want to know what happened!?!

Someone say 35 to 0???

"Bones never lie"

Edited by WitchDoctor