Science Hill 2012

LGVol

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha wow, a new low. You have to make a post about science hill to bash them. I don't know what it is about you guys, but hey, those conference championships every year keep getting better. Till y'all even get to state, stay humble. But I sure hope you guys get fun out of running your mouths to Big 8 schools, hope sevier county doesn't fall along your playoff schedule.

oh the DB people are already saying that we should be so scared to play them I just hope they are for us at home

Art V. commented on a different thread that SH should schedule some stronger opponents for its out of conference schedule. In the days of the Big East, this wasn't really a problem when you had Bearden, Sevier County, and Jeff Co. on the schedule at a time when they all had strong teams (and also during a time when Science Hill, well, sucked).

I wouldn't mind seeing them add some tougher opponents, but with a 7 team conference schedule, that can be somewhat difficult. Also, Science has played Elizabethton every year since 1965, so I wouldn't count on that going anywhere. Morristown West is on the schedule somewhat more frequently, but I think it is a game that could be upgraded in the future. And I don't think Greeneville should be an annual thing either; having 1 annual OOC game (Elizabethton) is enough.

The other factor is the playoff format where the No.1 criteria is overall wins. You don't want to put yourself in a situation where you have to face a team like Maryville in the 2nd round.

Science Hill is still attempting to become a great program. As the team improves, so will the schedule.

I agree voltnh . . . Like I said on the other thread - Nobody gets much better without being challenged. Good competition makes us all better. We at Johnson City need to venture out and play the better schools in Knoxville and the surrounding areas. Playing Betsy helps pay the bills because of all the fan support. But, if we are going to reach our goal, which is ultimately a state title. We have to venture out of our area. If we are going to win a 6A state championship, we’re not gonna get there by beating up on a 4A school. We gotta be pushed, we gotta be challenged (I believe). Steal doesn’t get harder unless it is heat-treated. We need the heat of good competition!

But, first things first . . . We need to beat DB. cool.png

Congrats on a big win tonight....Enjoy your season til you come calling at J fred Johnson in Week 10...Remember last year at your house??? This year you come to our house!!!! Is there a difference??? Ask Farragut. Good luck and win them all until then, It makes another Indian victory that much sweeter.

The Hilltoppers are nothing without Mitch Webb. He is a beast now and would dominate.