Signal Mountain @ Tyner

MountainTroll

Guest Purplepastry

RMWR would just love to know how we have open enrollement schools playing schools that do not have open enrollement for state championships. Should the rules not be the same all over the state? Why do some communities get to send their kids anywhere in the county and it is taboo for you to do it in Hamilton county?

NOTE: I am not trying to be a smart ####. I was really just curious?

It is funny how up I-75 they seem to "produce" state championship team after state championship team year after year.

Someone please explain this to me.

Build it and they will come, simple as that. The question always is why are athletes going to this or that new school? No mystery there, players want to be in a good program. The question that should be asked is why they are leaving? The coach at the school they are leaving needs to remedy that situation instead of griping and whining. The bottom line is that all winning programs recruit with out trying, it is human nature. Build it and they will come

I'll admit when I'm wrong. icon_redface.gif There's four sophomores that I thought were freshmen when I made that statement. One junior and one senior who were enrolled last year but didn't play football. And one senior who moved from Texas after my post.

There's one senior who didn't play last year, but did the previous year. One junior that played last year, but isn't on the website roster.

That's a lot different than your allegation.

Care to admit that you were wrong?dry.png

#1, it wasn't an allegation, it was an observation and no where did I say it had anything to do with a "No Athlete Left Behind" program

#2 you used the word "liar" several times.

Part of the problem was several number changes for several of the seniors since the 2010 season.

When you mentioned that enrollment increased 18%... and thought it interesting that senior football players increased at what you implied was a disproportionate rate. I'm still calling bs

I never mentioned enrollment increasing 18%. That was Troll. Therefore your post was B.S. I have only talked about the rosters. The only thing I know about their enrollment is they are 3a playing up in 4a.

Edited by rlh

You guys should not even worry about this discussion, RMWR has entered a good question about all these Dream teams from up north of us in the nooga. I mean really our boys from the nooga can have a good season and know for a fact that it will end as soon as they start the playoff system. We (the Chattanooga area) cannot compete with the schools to our north..AND THAT IS FACT. Did anyone watch the game on ESPN the other night? We (the nooga area) cannot compete with that kind of team. Check those two school's records, who do they loose to. EACH OTHER IS ABOUT IT. How is that fair? I bet if the nooga could put one or two teams together from all the area teams I bet we could compete. Heck like someone on here said, "if you build it they will come". We may even drop the numbers at the private schools if we could recruit from the whole area. Good post RMWR. Mr. Childress needs to be looking north of us to level the playing field for the whole state.

While I'm on the subject of the T$$AA, how much money of the playoff and championship gates does that organiztion get? Someone said 50% is that right? Someone also told me Georgia gets 17% off of thier playoff and Championship games, is that correct? And Ga. teams play on a NFL field and our boys get to play on a field that is not as nice as the one on the ESPN game the other night. This system is retarded if the numbers I stated above is right. We (Tennessee) have a NFL field too, why do our boys not get to play on that stage? Well I just don't really know where to look for this stuff, so if anyone has the answers help me out.

Someone needs to be investigating TSSAA not the teams in the TSSAA. popcorneater.gif

GO EAGLES!

Edited by 1113sm