Signal Mountain @ Tyner

MountainTroll

New to the roster doesn't necessarily mean new to the school. That was just a response to the earlier post stating they had nobody new on the team other than freshmen.

yes but the attempt to link the percent of "new" senior football players to new students was bs

yes but the attempt to link the percent of "new" senior football players to new students was bs

No it's not. One would also need to compare which of these new players were sm students last year vs new student/ new player. We don't all get to surf the neighbor schools for talent. Most of the better open enrollment schools play up a class because they clearly recognize the benefits they gain.

No it's not. One would also need to compare which of these new players were sm students last year vs new student/ new player. We don't all get to surf the neighbor schools for talent. Most of the better open enrollment schools play up a class because they clearly recognize the benefits they gain.

he was not comparing individual students...only percentages.Thats bogus. If he had specifics it would not be near as "interesting"

RMWR would just love to know how we have open enrollement schools playing schools that do not have open enrollement for state championships. Should the rules not be the same all over the state? Why do some communities get to send their kids anywhere in the county and it is taboo for you to do it in Hamilton county?

NOTE: I am not trying to be a smart ####. I was really just curious?

It is funny how up I-75 they seem to "produce" state championship team after state championship team year after year.

Someone please explain this to me.

No, but its a lot different than saying that the only new players are mostly freshmen. Plus, those % are more significant at the 3a/4a level compared to 1a. I guess they look normal at a big 4a open enrollment school.

I'll admit when I'm wrong. icon_redface.gif There's four sophomores that I thought were freshmen when I made that statement. One junior and one senior who were enrolled last year but didn't play football. And one senior who moved from Texas after my post.

There's one senior who didn't play last year, but did the previous year. One junior that played last year, but isn't on the website roster.

That's a lot different than your allegation.

They have about a dozen soph, jr (3), and sr (5) that wasn't on the roster last year. They appear to be doing pretty good in that regard.

Care to admit that you were wrong?dry.png

RMWR would just love to know how we have open enrollement schools playing schools that do not have open enrollement for state championships. Should the rules not be the same all over the state? Why do some communities get to send their kids anywhere in the county and it is taboo for you to do it in Hamilton county?

It is funny how up I-75 they seem to "produce" state championship team after state championship team year after year.

Enrollment rules vary system by system, but the state of Tennessee has two open enrollment policies: intra-district (voluntary and mandatory) and inter-district. In other words, students are permitted to attend a different school within their school district or in any school outside their neighborhood school district( on approval by the local governing body). Additionally, students in low-performing schools may attend another school within their district. Local school boards are required to consider all requests for ooz transfer and approve them based on availability of space.This allows Tennessee to be exempt from NCLB. TSSAA's policy mirrors state enrollment policy, but requires a 12 month waiting period. There are way more open-enrollment schools competing in division 1 than you realize. Haslam approved a bill last year lifting the cap on charter school enrollment so we are likely to see more...

I don't know.........It just seems that Hamilton County Department of Education seems to handicap the schools by not allowing the same options to its schools as the programs in other counties. We have to many schools to close together to compete with the larger schools in the Knoxville and Nashville area. When our largest school has an enrollment of 1400 and theirs top 2600, its not practical to think that your on the same playing field. That's why the only state contending success we have (in football) is from the smaller school classifications and that happens as pointed out in this topic earlier that 2-3 players can really make a significant difference. But when you pull those 2-3 players from other schools in the county people are going to cry foul.

he was not comparing individual students...only percentages.Thats bogus. If he had specifics it would not be near as "interesting"

Actually, you are WRONG. I was comparing names on the rosters and that is where the percentages came from. 36.5% of the seniors weren't on the roster as sophomores. Your comment is bogus.

Edited by rlh