Maryville vs. Alcoa (Official ESPN2 Game Thread)

Red Rebels

The first game was in 1927 (MHS 18 AHS 0). They did not play in 1935 or 1947. They have played every year since 1947. There have been three ties (1932 6-6, 1937 0-0, 1950 13-13). There have been five one point games (1946 MHS 14 AHS 13, 1954 AHS 14 MHS 13, 1960 MHS 20 AHS 19, 1966 MHS 20 AHS 19, 1988 AHS 26 MHS 25). The most points scored by MHS 56 2002. The most by MHS in a loss was 31 2010. The most points scored by AHS 42 1993. The most points by AHS in a loss 22 1967.

Now that's the confidence of a true blue (Maroon) Tornado!

Records Past or Present mean nothing! This is all about Pride!

Best Defense wins this one. Based on what I've seen so far, the edge goes to Alcoa (Crenshaw is Bigtime, either side of the ball). He alone can make a difference in the outcome of this game.

APB are ya'll carrying this on ihigh? Maybe a Rebel fan should not say this, but I think your play-by-play is the best. At least you know something about football! I don't mean to be rude, but with a program as good as Maryville's they have some of the worst high school broadcasters (on any channel). Hate to have to say that, but it is true. Half the time (if it is on radio) I have no idea of what's going on.

P.S. According to Judkins, you can only smoke that "Victory" cigar west of the cedars on Cedar Street (officially out of the tobacco free zone) or will it be renamed "Cigar Street."

Crenshaw is good but the way #3 and #6 are playing on Defense has really helped. Hopefully the D-Line will get beefed up this Sunday with the likes of #55 and #74 deep in the middle Trenches. Also #12 has been a big part on That D

Crenshaw is good but the way #3 and #6 are playing on Defense has really helped. Hopefully the D-Line will get beefed up this Sunday with the likes of #55 and #74 deep in the middle Trenches. Also #12 has been a big part on That D

Thanks for the insights. Nix will probably make Sportscenter Highlights!

Conceeded as usual! Typical!!!!!!!!!!

Same ole same ole isn't it Daddy? Nothing but accusations. Why not sit back and enjoy the game? Who cares what anybody predicts as it will be settled on the field without any regard to the CoachT regulars expertise and obvious influencerolleyes.gif . As for my worthless pick....I give the edge to Alcoa for at least two reasons only to be discussed after the game for fear of being incorrect.

When times are good the board is full of them and when it's not so good they retire to greener and safer pastures. If Alcoa wins on Sunday expect the board to be inudated with the rascals.

If alcoa wins, I won't know who is on here monday - I will be hiding out.thumb[1].gif

I still say murvil by a comfortable 2 scores. By comfortable, I mean controlling the ball with the lead. It may be closer...IF...alcoa gets a special teams TD. I never heard if our current kicker kicks it in the endzone or not. Covering kickoffs always worries me against any team with alcoa's speed.

I don't even know if momma is big enough to do that. Last time I saw a high school team that big, it was the Carter Cowboys on Friday Night Lights. Stars, if they are as mean as they are big, the field won't be a place for the timid on Sunday.

jake hit won't bee fer tha timidd at all....

Butt eye haiv confidense in momma......She kept tha feeled frum tiltin' baik inn '09 when'st Riverdail had all tham 300 pounders in both lines.....wub.png

It is true that not no passes (all sports passes, school employee passes, etc) are being accepted for this game?

I asked earlier in the week and they said yes, but now I am hearing no. Does someone know if it is true and why?

I am assuming it might have something to do with money?

Edited by oldhick76