Maryville vs. Alcoa (Official ESPN2 Game Thread)

Red Rebels

Generally speaking they have always been thin skinned. It's not suddenly by no means. When times are good the board is full of them and when it's not so good they retire to greener and safer pastures. If Alcoa wins on Sunday expect the board to be inudated with the rascals.

Couldn't agree more. I couldn't tell you how many times I've heard the AHS faithful on the field after a loss to MHS talking about how next year is their year and how it doesn't mean anything to lose to such a much bigger school rather than just saying good game.

It is strange how little chatter their is from that bunch this year though...calm before the storm?

The old victory Cigar. I figured that is why it has been so quiet on here this week, you guys are coming out to drop a surprise on everyone. My spread keeps dwindling.....Monday was Maryville by 14.....Today Maryville by 6......By tomorrow it will be dead even....Heck after Sunday School on Sunday it will be Alcoa by 3. Just don't jump the gun and try to smoke that cigar while you and Stars are singing the Anthem.

Well spoken. I also started off thinking big win, but the more I read up the more I think it will be closer than I'd like. Alcoa is HUGE.

Maryville by 2 or more Touchdowns.

• Quarles and staff will be able to "settle" their team alot better than Alcoa can.
  • Alcoa will be more easily "rattled" by the huge atmosphere.(QB dropped a punt snap last week).
  • Maryville has had more time on new turf.
  • Maryville has more "quality" players than Alcoa; Alcoa may have 90 on roster but most will never see the field, my guess is that they have half the "players" that Maryville has.
  • Hopefully I'm wrong cause I would love to see a great game to showcase East TN talent !

I have already gone on record to let you know how restricted the field is going to be.

If you do not have an official capacity on the field, you will not be on it.

Even photographers will be banished to the endzones for this contest.

This is the price to be paid for having an event like this in our town, but we will get through it, somehow.

When the game is over they better get out of the way...icon_mrgreen.gif I have a pass in my wallet.