Portland Vs White House

multisport12

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job tonight by our Panthers. It has been a long road to this win tonight. For the first time in a long time ( we moved here from Gallatin about 10 years ago) the players believe in their coaches. They played as a true team tonight. There was not one player that won the game for them. I cant count the number of players that made big plays at crucial times. We are a small team, with only about 60 players and that includes about 24 Freshmen. We have just as many Sophomores playing as we do Juniors and Seniors. The Veer offense is really working for us as we are now capable of moving the football and giving our defense time to rest, though over half the players are going both ways, lol. Great week for Coach Aric and his staff, first the Freshmen beat Gallatin 30-8 and now the Varsity beats White House 28-7.....Great job by the staff and the players. I will say, the White House qb is an impressive athlete as well. HE kept them in the game all night. Had great poise in the pocket as well and good flat out run. I do think playing Beech and Jalen Hurd the first week and giving up 230 something yards to him and 4 td's was the best thing to happen. It didnt destroy the players confidence as it had in the past, but, motivated them. Tonight it showed. The defense held White House twice for 4 straight downs and turning the ball over on downs inside the 10 yard line, Once on the 1 yard line. Great job tonight!!!!!!!!!!

Great job tonight by our Panthers. It has been a long road to this win tonight. For the first time in a long time ( we moved here from Gallatin about 10 years ago) the players believe in their coaches. They played as a true team tonight. There was not one player that won the game for them. I cant count the number of players that made big plays at crucial times. We are a small team, with only about 60 players and that includes about 24 Freshmen. We have just as many Sophomores playing as we do Juniors and Seniors. The Veer offense is really working for us as we are now capable of moving the football and giving our defense time to rest, though over half the players are going both ways, lol. Great week for Coach Aric and his staff, first the Freshmen beat Gallatin 30-8 and now the Varsity beats White House 28-7.....Great job by the staff and the players. I will say, the White House qb is an impressive athlete as well. HE kept them in the game all night. Had great poise in the pocket as well and good flat out run. I do think playing Beech and Jalen Hurd the first week and giving up 230 something yards to him and 4 td's was the best thing to happen. It didnt destroy the players confidence as it had in the past, but, motivated them. Tonight it showed. The defense held White House twice for 4 straight downs and turning the ball over on downs inside the 10 yard line, Once on the 1 yard line. Great job tonight!!!!!!!!!!

Great Post... one small correction... Portland runs Single Wing Offense.

You should be proud. Hurd doubled that against Henry Co. Great job Panthers!!!

Good job, Panthers. I thought after the game last week how improved your team was from the previous year. Without Hurd in the equation (which he is just hard to stop any way you look at it), I was impressed with your initial drives and movement against our defense. I think that many teams will be surprised with how well Portland fairs this year. Congrats!