Westmoreland at White House

Mr. Postman1

Okay, okay, I know you vultures (BgD, basil puke, and Mr. Postie) are calling for my insightful wisdom so here I am. Still loud and still proud of my Blue Devils. I have to give credit to Portland for really coming out and playing a great ballgame against the Devils last Friday night. It will always take an opponets best game, perhaps nearly perfect, to beat the Devils. Portland had the horses and a great coach so an upset was not surprising in this one. This Friday will be a different story. Mo-town has not got what it takes to beat the Devisl in a District match up. Sure they may have a couple of good athletes, Champion was one of the best in the area last year, but they just don't have the total package to do what it takes to beat the Devils in White House. Our linemen will get straightened out this week, a key starter should be coming back from suspension and we will get back to winning football. It's our norm and expectation. Rock steady every year and into the playoffs. Perhaps that's why there are so many haters out there. I'll say Blue Devils 28-6. Oh yea. BDP!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

Postie - Termite and I could not find your house Thursday night for the cook out. Maybe you can give us better instructions as to how to get to your house. See you Thursday night - keep the grill hot !!

I found it, I was afraid to to stop and eat. I was afraid he might break out and cook up some of the CROW from years past.roflol.gif

It will boil down to containing the qb for White House. White House did do some very good things against us this past Friday, but, they were also their own worst enemy. At Portland we are so small in number and size, we have to play almost perfect football. As one unit. Friday they did, we had minimum turnovers and penalty's. White House got frustrated on more than one occasion and tried to force throws, or got angry and did something stupid and got personal fouls against them after our rb had already ran a long distance. Stuff like that no team can over come. The White House qb is a great athlete, The majority of plays center around him. Whether its passing or rolling out and running. They even do a fake pass/qb draw just so he can run. They did not stop the run very well against us either, and at times, they got lazy on defense and that's what set up the 92 yard screen for a td ( you can read the article on the net). If Westmoreland plays well and stops the qb, then yes they are fully capable of winning....and yes in the jamboree we had several starters out and even the 3's (mostly Freshmen) played that night. Good Luck gentlemen from Westmoreland.

I was hoping that was Portland's 3rd forth and fifth string that night because they looked pretty pittiful to say the least. Edited by Mr. Postman1

I was hoping that was Portland's 3rd forth and fifth string that night because they looked pretty pittiful to say the least.

how much more pittiful did westmoreland look now that you know? your varsity couldnt score v. Portland's JV. you think they can score against the Blue Devil's Varsity. this week will not be a small single A school or Terrible metro school to pad wins... good luck

how much more pittiful did westmoreland look now that you know? your varsity couldnt score v. Portland's JV. you think they can score against the Blue Devil's Varsity. this week will not be a small single A school or Terrible metro school to pad wins... good luck

I just hate it when people say "We had our B team and freshman in the game". The funny thing was, there was a freshman game prior to the Varsity. Not saying the jamboree was any kind of important indicator of anything but dont say bullcrap to make up for your lack of ability on the field like "we had our B team and freshman in against your starters". Thats bull. Did you have your B team in when Beech beat you 41-0? I'm sure thats what happen, right? Edited by Mr. Postman1

I just hate it when people say "We had our B team and freshman in the game". The funny thing was, there was a freshman game prior to the Varsity. Not saying the jamboree was any kind of important indicator of anything but dont say bullcrap to make up for your lack of ability on the field like "we had our B team and freshman in against your starters". Thats bull. Did you have your B team in when Beech beat you 41-0? I'm sure thats what happen, right?

the panther freshmen won 8-0... did not say the Freshmen played. i said Jv kids or 2 nd string if you are offended by that. Portland did not play thier best linemen nor did they play thier best backs. that is not bullcrap... ask the west macon staff if i am wrong? Two starters were on the sideline with ankle injuries and one with a bum shoulder.

Okay, okay, I know you vultures (BgD, basil puke, and Mr. Postie) are calling for my insightful wisdom so here I am. Still loud and still proud of my Blue Devils. I have to give credit to Portland for really coming out and playing a great ballgame against the Devils last Friday night. It will always take an opponets best game, perhaps nearly perfect, to beat the Devils. Portland had the horses and a great coach so an upset was not surprising in this one. This Friday will be a different story. Mo-town has not got what it takes to beat the Devisl in a District match up. Sure they may have a couple of good athletes, Champion was one of the best in the area last year, but they just don't have the total package to do what it takes to beat the Devils in White House. Our linemen will get straightened out this week, a key starter should be coming back from suspension and we will get back to winning football. It's our norm and expectation. Rock steady every year and into the playoffs. Perhaps that's why there are so many haters out there. I'll say Blue Devils 28-6. Oh yea. BDP!

"Playoffs? You want to talk about playoffs? Are you kidding me? I just hope the Devils can win a game." Coach Jim Mora