South Pittsburg against Lookout (Grider against this Webb man)

Roy Dillard

Of course it's a goal! Why wouldn't it be?? But it shouldn't be THE goal. THE goal should be to play your best. I get so sick and tired of the armchair quarterbacks and the wannabes and the neverwases and the ones who have forgotten that it's more than a game to win or lose....it's an opportunity for boys to become men under the guidance of coaches and other players. There are too many people who think that just because we don't bring home the bacon we're no good. We're a great team in a great town with a great tradition. We're the team to beat in 1A. The goal is to play your best. All other goals will fall in line behind that one.

I agree to play your best first. Don't think anyone disagreed with ya there D60. My point was that we look forward to hopefully playing for a title every year because we are SP and thats where we have set the bar. It's pressure, but good pressure. About this game now, I hope we get no rain like they are calling for, or showers at least, and am ready to see the pirates in action for week number 2. Teams are supposed to improve a lot between week 1 and 2 so we will see. Also, I doubt that Valley will have linemen as big as Grundy's so it will be interesting to see how we open up holes as Mr. Roy says.

Guest Purplepastry

Makes sense either way you look at it I guess...So let me say, my daddy can whip your daddy! So take that!!!!!

That is probably true, tell him he will need to bring a shovel.

Edited by Purplepastry

I agree to play your best first. Don't think anyone disagreed with ya there D60. My point was that we look forward to hopefully playing for a title every year because we are SP and thats where we have set the bar. It's pressure, but good pressure. About this game now, I hope we get no rain like they are calling for, or showers at least, and am ready to see the pirates in action for week number 2. Teams are supposed to improve a lot between week 1 and 2 so we will see. Also, I doubt that Valley will have linemen as big as Grundy's so it will be interesting to see how we open up holes as Mr. Roy says.

Powerp, a wet field would affect both teams the same , I guess, I just hate to set in a downpour like we had at Knox Grace, but I would be there. If you made a prediction yet, I missed it

Powerp, a wet field would affect both teams the same , I guess, I just hate to set in a downpour like we had at Knox Grace, but I would be there. If you made a prediction yet, I missed it

I don't want to sit thru a downpour either.Was there at Knox Grace & the Swamp Monsoon.But like ML said we can counter that with Corbin.Packing rain gear nonetheless

They did give four classes a look in the recent discussions but the numbers weren't good for it apparently..regions would average between 9 and 10 teams looked to be part of the problem. Having districts would help that issue but either you'd have only two from a district make the playoffs, add another round of playoffs (my idea, and have only 10 weeks maximum in the regular season), or continue with the complicated wildcards, etc.

4 classes would make it tougher on Cornbread Capitol to win the state.

It would help some namely SP. They need to reward more for playing tougher schedules. If one team is 9-1 or 10-0 and played a muffin schedule and another team is 8-2 and played one of the toughest then that needs to count for something.

again, 4 classifications would make it tougher for current 1A power houses.