Whitwell @ Marion

MCHeadHunter

You guys are crazy... MC will not run away with this one. I think either team could win but it's not going to be a blow out on either side.

Havis did move from QB to RB but he isn't a huge threat. He runs decently but doesn't have the speed of our other RB's... Whitwells threat is the Super McHone Bro.s. #20 will rush for at least 150 yards tonight.... MARK IT DOWN!

I'm excited about this one.

I hope whitwell eats their wheaties this mornin! They will be facing one of the hardest down hill runners I have seen at Marion in awhile. Our defense keeps improving and are making plans when needed. I will tell you this better luck next year! MC wins!!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Copper Basin scores 42 then I have to like MCs chances of doing the same.

I wouldn't try to take much away from the Copper Basin game for a couple reasons... First of all Copper Basin looked amazing. I was so surprised at how well they ran option on top of having a killer QB.

Secondly Whitwell wasn't even playing during the entire first half it seemed like... Basin only scored twice during the entire second half with their first string still in and those were just some break away plays. Whitwell decided to start playing in the second half and it really showed. Hard to tell from that score, but I watched the game myself and the tigers looked like a totally different team coming out of the locker room after the half.....

Either way, I'm excited to be there tonight and expect it to be close no matter who wins.

Can anyone confirm the time for me?

Guest Purplepastry

I wouldn't try to take much away from the Copper Basin game for a couple reasons... First of all Copper Basin looked amazing. I was so surprised at how well they ran option on top of having a killer QB.

Secondly Whitwell wasn't even playing during the entire first half it seemed like... Basin only scored twice during the entire second half with their first string still in and those were just some break away plays. Whitwell decided to start playing in the second half and it really showed. Hard to tell from that score, but I watched the game myself and the tigers looked like a totally different team coming out of the locker room after the half.....

Either way, I'm excited to be there tonight and expect it to be close no matter who wins.

Can anyone confirm the time for me?

This has always been WHS problem, most every year you can see signs that they could be a good team but they rarely show up for the whole game either due to conditioning or Lord knows what other reasons.

You may have a hard time imagining Basin looking amazing, and I was honestly surprised myself, but I'm telling you they looked GOOD. Last year they beat Whitwell bad but it was clear that it was just a lack of skill on the Tigers part... This year they literally looked like a legit football team. It didn't just look like Whitwell was playing bad.

I have a feeling they are going to have a very good season and their QB is going to finish with some great stats. Dont forget they had a 1 loss season only two years ago. They blanked like 5 different teams that same year. It's not like they haven't been good in a while like somone suggested.

MC will have them at home first week of October so you can check them out for yourself then. Enough about Basin though... I'm ready to see some good ole valley rivalry action tonight.

ok.... I've got to figure out why so many people are so confident in MC for this game.

I just now looked at MC's schedule from this year so far and they beat Gruny by 1 point and Bledsoe by 1 point. Grundy just got beat up by SP... Bledsoe only won their first game by 1 point against Cumberland Co... who by the way has had a losing record every year since 2002.

I'm not saying MC can't win this game but I'm just surprised at how many people think they can run away with this game considering they've barely won their first two against teams that dont seem to have proven anything at all yet.

Guest Purplepastry

Glad to see the Warriors winning football games again. You should not have any problem with the Tigers tonight. Best of luck and enjoy your one and only county win.

Warriors 28

Tigers 12

Does Marion County play another county team besides WHS? Your post doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Purplepastry