Friendship Christian @ Gordonsville

croz6110

Slim, i probably wouldve agreed with you up til Cason took over the game. His two big second half runs were back breaking, and then combine that with Long coming out was icing on the Tiger cake. Game wouldve probably been different if not for those couple of things.

You're right. I won't go as far as FC should've won. I actually think Gville eased up a little when Long went out. They shouldn't have but I think when he went out that they thought they had it in the bag. Edited by croz6110

How many designed runs were there last night for AJ? And I'm really surprised Mitchell didn't have any catches, I think he is our best receiver. I'm also surprised we used him as our backup QB. he only started playing football as a freshman and never practiced at the QB position until this year

I don't think there was enough designed runs for Long. I would've rode him all night.

A couple of guys for Gville that don't get much pub that had a good game were Kyle Ragsdale and Nic Payne.

Ragsdale is a sophomore DE that got beat by Long on the first run but was solid after that including stuffing Long on a big play that made Channel 4.

Nic Payne was abusing kids all night lead blocking.

If Watson should be suspended then so should Long. He had him in a headlock and wouldnt let go so Watson made him let go. Long was just getting frustrated and complaining to the refs just about every play saying he was facemasked or something. I saw him after the game and he was walking fine. i dont think he was that hurt, hes just using it as an excuse because he knew he was going to lose

I was wondering when the "late hit" would be brought up.

They met inbounds at full speed. That sideline is about 2 1/2 yards to the fence. I don't think either one pulled up. It would be hard to stop before hitting the fence.

FC had as many Unsportsmanlike penalties as Gville, and one of our players were run into the fence on our sidelines.

Besides, he wasn't trying to take him out for the year I'm sure. Just letting him know he was there.thumb[1].gifA person would like to think he could pull up but it's harder than you think.

As for Mitchell, he's a great athlete and a heck of a punter, but he was just throwing the ball up and the receivers were making plays.

BTW, is there any news on Long's injury? What was hurt?

I was standing literally 10 yards away in the stands just over where this happened looking down on it. It was intentional, no doubt in my mind. It's not "harder than you think". I played the game many years ago. I saw them get out of bounds then the G'ville player dig in after the play was obviously over, and forcefully ram him in to the fence and the posts. Ref's saw it also which is why the flags came out. Saw on this blog that there is film of it. Hopefully the kid gets booted and made an example of.

I was standing literally 10 yards away in the stands just over where this happened looking down on it. It was intentional, no doubt in my mind. It's not "harder than you think". I played the game many years ago. I saw them get out of bounds then the G'ville player dig in after the play was obviously over, and forcefully ram him in to the fence and the posts. Ref's saw it also which is why the flags came out. Saw on this blog that there is film of it. Hopefully the kid gets booted and made an example of.

I don't mean to downplay the hit or perception thereof, but i cant begin to tell you how many players over the years have been tackled into the fences at Gordonsville, either intentionally or not, and by either the visitors or home team. Most recieved personal foul calls, some nothing, but ive never seen anyone suspended for it, ever. Maybe its time to let it go and start a new thread for your next opponent.

Croz, where's "Trousdale at Gordonsville", I'm ready for the next game?