Friendship Christian @ Gordonsville

croz6110

No info on long but after sleeping on it i have just another observation from the game.

Both teams were very even last night, but with Fcs playing so many underclassmen, that is disheartening for the coming years.

Where Gordonsville is three yards and a cloud of dust and wearing defenses out all night long, Friendship really never took advantage of their strength; Defenses are so concerned about Long beating them deep that theyre terrified of the "Long ball." (Pun in quotes) If Friendship wouldve taken advantage of little 3 and 4 yd quick hit passes, it has the same effect on the D as Gvilles cloud of dust; the secondary is still running around trying to make a play, D is getting worn out, ball control, and Fcs is keeping their Qb healthy. Keep control of the ball and keep control of the game. Thats the way id do it if i coached a team with that personel.

For the most part, Fcs was trying to hit the home run with every pass play; Long would throw it up and those receivers were going and getting it, but you live by the big play and die by the big play which cost them when Long had to come out.

Unfortunately, teams will look for this style (short passing game will now be considered safe for backup qb) with Long out of the lineup now. If he makes it back, and hopefully he will, by putting more of the quick hit passes back into the offense, instead of what looks like hail mary's all night, Fcs could be in for another ring because they definitely have the confidence.

Nice assessment on our play selection. Way too many deep routes. Not near enough screens. However, it is wk 3 and less than half the play book is probably in I'm guessing. Remember FC doesn't have spring practice. By Nov I firmly believe we will be tougher to stop on offense. As for our poor tackling I'd chalk that up to lack of experience at this level of competition. Again it will improve before Nov when the real season begins. Ashamed to see that #4 hasn't learned yet from his suspension. "attitude reflects leadership". Hope it doesn't bite the tigers again because this is their best team I've seen since 83-84. They should walk thru all foes except maybe Huntington and S Pitt. Edited by Volzchamps

It was a great game. The hit out of bounds was classless. But it sure introduced A. J to real football. Sad thing is Melton found a way to offset the penalty. The player should have been ejected. We just tackled poorly and didn't block for our backs. Gordonsville was the better team. It's still early though. It looked rough this time last year too. And that turned out ok. Film study is a wonderful thing. And so is the week of practice that follows a loss like this.

This was a good game to watch, the tigers physically abused uFCA last night...by the 4th quarter the commode doors linemen were grabbing knees and gasping for air, the QB was out, and the receivers were getting molested. The officiating was poor (according to some). Yet somehow and someway...uFCA shoulda won the game. They had Gorgonsvilles zipper down inside the 5 twice, and couldn't stick it in. roflolk.gif

Reminds me of that madonna song...like a virgin, whoooo, touched for the very first time.

Go Vols

No info on long but after sleeping on it i have just another observation from the game.

Both teams were very even last night, but with Fcs playing so many underclassmen, that is disheartening for the coming years.

Where Gordonsville is three yards and a cloud of dust and wearing defenses out all night long, Friendship really never took advantage of their strength; Defenses are so concerned about Long beating them deep that theyre terrified of the "Long ball." (Pun in quotes) If Friendship wouldve taken advantage of little 3 and 4 yd quick hit passes, it has the same effect on the D as Gvilles cloud of dust; the secondary is still running around trying to make a play, D is getting worn out, ball control, and Fcs is keeping their Qb healthy. Keep control of the ball and keep control of the game. Thats the way id do it if i coached a team with that personel.

For the most part, Fcs was trying to hit the home run with every pass play; Long would throw it up and those receivers were going and getting it, but you live by the big play and die by the big play which cost them when Long had to come out.

Unfortunately, teams will look for this style (short passing game will now be considered safe for backup qb) with Long out of the lineup now. If he makes it back, and hopefully he will, by putting more of the quick hit passes back into the offense, instead of what looks like hail mary's all night, Fcs could be in for another ring because they definitely have the confidence.

Well i was sitting in the home side "extra" bleachers, and when watson scored on the run...he did the six shooter to the railbirds in the back of the endzone...and there were several occasions when i saw one or more of ya'lls linemen pancake a commode door and stand over him taunting. Overall the g-men were definitely the dirtiest on the field...hats off to you guys...thats what it takes to beat a BOUGHT AND PAID FOR TEAM!

After I thought about. You calling us dirty means nothing.

And, Channel 4 had the TD and he was pointing up, not six shooter.

If Long is out, I don't think FC has a chance to repeat.

I wouldn't think he would be out after the way he was walking around, but I'm no trainer.

They would not have a chance anyways. Boyd won should have won it last year. They will get it done this year. Massive line and great D.

It was a great game. The hit out of bounds was classless. But it sure introduced A. J to real football. Sad thing is Melton found a way to offset the penalty. The player should have been ejected. We just tackled poorly and didn't block for our backs. Gordonsville was the better team. It's still early though. It looked rough this time last year too. And that turned out ok. Film study is a wonderful thing. And so is the week of practice that follows a loss like this.

Yeah, the right call would have been to eject #16 immediately and then if there were offsetting personal fouls in the melee that indued then do that.

Brings me to a point. That was quite possibly the most poorly officiated HS game that I have ever seen. The reason that the game got to that point is that the officials has absolutely NO CONTROL. From the G'ville players intentionally ripping helmets off to the showboating by FC blatant trash-talking and missed holding calls on both sides. Also G'ville's Fullback was in motion on almost every play. This crew should never be allowed to work a game at this level again.